No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard on the radio the other day that more adult nappies are sold in Japan than those for babies or infants. Scary and just saying...........:-)

Comment

• "blubbering". I see what you did there.....

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
        I, for one, won't be blubbering about their ongoing recessions.

Japan to resume whaling
        Yep, those bastards doing the whaling deserve everything they get.
        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Meehole View Post
          I heard on the radio the other day that more adult nappies are sold in Japan than those for babies or infants. Scary and just saying...........:-)
          Haha fascinating fact
          www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
          # Property Management
          # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

• It's like a broken record. You do harpoon about these things, SB.

Comment

• Comment

• Reminds me of this (Funny no nudity)

Comment

• Gross. He wasn't getting any that night, I bet.

Comment

• Oh man, that was funny. He needs one of those nappies Leftette posted a picture of!
                    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Kiwibank Pauses On Low Deposit Lending
                      24 November 2014
                      Originally posted by Stuff
                      Kiwibank has temporarily closed the door on mortgage borrowers with
                      small deposits, after sailing too close to the Reserve Bank's
                      restrictions. Banks are not allowed to issue more than 10 per cent of
                      their new loans to borrowers with less than 20 per cent equity.
                      Lenders that breach the rules risk losing their banking licence.
                      Kiwibank spokesman Bruce Thompson said the bank had hit its own
                      self-imposed limit, which provided a safety buffer to the Reserve
                      Bank's 10 per cent.

Comment

• NZ Banks being required to hold more capital will mean higher lending costs.
                        So, not so much what is happening here; but what is happening in Aussie.

Martien Lubberink asks just how well capitalised New Zealand’s major banks actually are
                        In case our Reserve Bank does not impose high requirements or restrictions on capital transfers, the Australian parent banks will find ways to repatriate capital.

Given the poor performance of Australian banks in the latest stress test, this may happen sooner rather than later.

As a result, the New Zealand subsidiaries may end up having less capital soon.
                        www.interest.co.nz/opinion/73031/martien-lubberink-asks-just-how-well-capitalised-new-zealand’s-major-banks-actually-ar

Comment

• Hopefully the new Chinese bank will come to the rescue and offer everyone 1% loans? Wouldn't that be great, we can then have a level playing field when purchasing property if the borrowing rates are the same.

Comment

• Self imposed limit. Being a bank that will be 9.9999999999999999999999999999999999%

Comment

• so economists feel nz has

too many with people with money in property

and not enough with money in the bank

the carrot and stick approach would be

to make property less attractive

and saving more

this is going to be tricky because property's %return has been much, much higher than term deposit rates...

1 of the advantages of money in the bank has been the ability to get it out quick

breaking a term deposit usually takes just minutes

much, much faster than selling property which usually takes at 4-40 weeks

however there now seems to be a move to remove this advantage of term deposits

Westpac and BNZ have already announced a compulsory one-month wait period for people accessing term deposits early

Other banks are expected to follow

who's smoking crack

to think that a 'stick and stick' approach will boost savers?

maybe smart savers will move to rabo bank?

a chinese bank?

or another property?
                              Last edited by eri; 29-11-2014, 06:35 AM.
                              have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by eri View Post
                                maybe smart savers will move to rabo bank?
                                a chinese bank?
                                or another property?
                                A couple of friends moved some of their savings out of TDs into bonds a few years ago.
                                Liquidity was one of the advantages I mentioned to them.
                                They are very happy with their decision, although not much around on the market these days.

Personally I don't have too much of a problem with a months notice being required.
                                As long as people are told up front, and given other options to consider.
                                Last edited by speights boy; 29-11-2014, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X