• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was it comrade commissar Cullen said:
    ........an ideological burp!
    Take some indigestion remedy. As David says,
    it's all about lots of meetings and reports
    which give the impression that someone's
    actually working/doing something useful.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• The RBNZ have over 500 staff apparently.

They contract out the actual making of money.

You'd have to wonder what they all do!?!
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Fed confirms $10b stimulus cut
        The Federal Reserve says it will cut its monthly bond purchases by an additional $US10 billion to $65 billion because of a strengthening US economy.
        It's doing so even though the prospect of reduced Fed stimulus and higher US interest rates has rattled global markets.

Comment

• And the OCR not increased
          http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11194132
          without a strong indication that it will rise in March either.

Comment

• Only $65 billion per month in life support now. Man the US economy must be going great!

That's $216 for every man, woman child, each month.

They've obviously got a long way to go I reckon. And it all appears so normal. For 75 years, money printing was considered a bad thing, now it's "Just a walk in the park Kazansky".
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
              Only $65 billion per month in life support now. Man the US economy must be going great!

That's $216 for every man, woman child, each month.

They've obviously got a long way to go I reckon. And it all appears so normal. For 75 years, money printing was considered a bad thing, now it's "Just a walk in the park Kazansky".
              Except it doesn't go to every man, woman and child. ;(

Comment

• Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                Except it doesn't go to every man, woman and child. ;(
                Many investors in US shares from around the world would have been very happy with the returns it assisted in generating.

Comment

• Talk along these lines will affect how some people look at future debt levels.

OCR may go to 5%: BNZ
                  Questions around the OCR will likely now move to whether the Bank will ultimately move back to neutral or have to overshoot to the high-side, as is historic precedent.

While our official forecasts see a 4.5% peak in the OCR in late 2015, we see upside risk to this view. A peak above 5.0% is certainly plausible.

Market pricing is now closely aligned to our view of a 25bps hike in March and 125bps by year-end. However, we are increasingly mindful that at some point this year the RBNZ may feel compelled to undertake a 50bps move.

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                    Talk along these lines will affect how some people look at future debt levels.
                    And not a bad thing in itself.
                    I see credit card spending has jumped and the number paying the card in full every month reduce slightly - some habits are hard to break.

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                      Talk along these lines will affect how some people look at future debt levels.

OCR may go to 5%: BNZ
                      The sky is falling!
                      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• What would 4-5% OCR take the floating rate to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                          The sky is falling!
                          It certainly will for some with large mortgages, if they reach 8% floating.

I know a few people who have been using the low rates over the last year or two to reduce their debt as much as possible.
                          They are happy they did so.
                          Last edited by speights boy; 31-01-2014, 09:21 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

• Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                            What would 4-5% OCR take the floating rate to?
                            The OCR was 5.0% in Dec 08

At that time the average floating rate was 8.0%

Comment

• So SB, some time ago you were saying my mentioning the OCR could go up a lot was just nonsense and that you felt it might go up 1% max.

Seems you have come around to my way of thinking...

Yep interest rates could get back to 8% but we'd see a huge housing crisis result, there'd be soooo many people defaulting it wouldn't be funny. So I think the politicians would try to avoid this at all costs. Because they'd be out at the next election if it did.
                              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• 3% margin, whatever happened to the 2%margin over the ocr that I think it was Bolger used to go on about before Kiwibank was created?

Comment

Working...
                                X