No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Unobtainium". Could that have been ANY more "Unimaginative"?

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
      there will be regular bleeding heart stories in the media about how much extra mortgage repayments are each week.
      Already had them.
      www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

• Most banks have now hiked their rates upwards.
        http://www.interest.co.nz/borrowing
        Last edited by Perry; 23-12-2013, 10:37 PM. Reason: fixed typo
        "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

• Is this them pricing in the expected rate rise, or just setting up to rise again when the rise goes ahead I wonder.....

Comment

• Smart move.
            Throw in some last minute pre Xmas fixed rate rises when few people will notice or care.

Come the floating rate rise next year and they can try another fixed rate rise.

Comment

• Pleasing to see another move away from cheap debt.

BNZ raises mortgage rates

Comment

• I don't disagree, but I could have lived with it 6 months latter, I've got a big chunk rolling over mid year!

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                  Pleasing to see another move away from cheap debt.

BNZ raises mortgage rates
                  Very pleasing.
                  Since I fixed 90% of debt around may last year at 5 years around the 5.7% to 6.4% I am very happy.
                  I want fixed rates to go up as fast as possible so they are back on the way down around 2018 when I come off fixed.

But I have a feeling NZ economy and property boom are going to run longer than the next 3 years, so the RB taming of the beast may still be underway, whips still out around that 2017 to 2019 period.

About 2 years after the key year of 2017, I expect the new slump to begin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                    About 2 years after the key year of 2017, I expect the new slump to begin.
                    Is that Shonkey's year or some other key year?
                    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                      Shonkey's

Given that NZ seems to be doing OK ....I think the saying "better the devil you know than the one you don't applies" I must admit I a not comfortable with a speculator but at least a speculator understand s the real world more than a teacher. Seems heaps of teachers end up as politicians......they then, IMHO treat their constituents like their students......giving rise to Nanny state.
                      The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                        Is that Shonkey's year or some other key year?
                        2017 is a key year.
                        But that sort of info is reserved for my paid up subscribers.

Comment

• Where did you buy your crystal ball from BK? Can I get one too? Do they all give the same answers?
                          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                            Where did you buy your crystal ball from BK? Can I get one too? Do they all give the same answers?
                            BK says PAID UP subscribers, so you better pay up ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Austrokiwi View Post
                              Given that NZ seems to be doing OK . . .
                              What sort of things would you include
                              in the definition of 'doing OK?'
                              Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
                                BK says PAID UP subscribers, so you better pay up ;-)
                                I'd like to pay after having a look in the crystal ball. Do we get one free look BK?
                                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                                X