No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two years, not bad at all. Not enough to change banks, but enough to get the other banks to potentially offer comparable specials.

Comment

• The BNZ has dropped some of its 3 and 5 yr rates today.
      http://www.interest.co.nz/borrowing
      "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

• The big banks now all offering 4.95 for one year..

Of course you can always negotiate lower.
        Last edited by Hound; 26-11-2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Not saying that 4.89% is impossible
          Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
          My Website
          Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

• Terms of trade at 40-year high

ANZ senior economist Mark Smith said the strength of the data suggested the official cash rate, which sits at 2.5 per cent, was "increasingly at odds with the current economic backdrop".

The 7.5 per cent rise in the goods terms of trade was considerably stronger than the median market expectation. "This is a major support factor to the economy," Smith said in a commentary.

Comment

• Good move from Kiwibank

Kiwibank targets LVR changes with cheap loan
              Kiwibank has slashed its floating interest rate for construction loans in the wake of the Reserve Bank's decision to exclude construction lending from low deposit restrictions.
              The state-owned bank this afternoon announced a rate of 4.99 per cent per annum for owner-occupied construction loans - a 0.66 percentage point discount on its normal variable rate.

Comment

• Yeah nice work, actually something usefull.

Maybe the government should support banks lending them money at really good rates.
                Specifically for the building of new housing.

Comment

• ^ Or exempt new builds from GST for owner occupiers for the next three years.
                  Leave the banks alone to do their own thing, but lowers the amount the owner occupier needs to borrow.

Comment

• The bank's projections suggest short term interest rates
                    will rise more than 200 basis points by early 2016.
                    Financial market pricing suggests the first move
                    will come in March 2014, with more than
                    100 basis points of rate rises during the calendar year.
                    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...rate-at-2-5-pc
                    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

• just trying to negotiate a refix of a portion of my mortgage at the moment, but mortgage broker is saying bank will only offer us the advertised lvr 80% & under rates. Anyone been offered rates lower than these recently or got any tips on getting a better rate?

Comment

• Originally posted by cnic View Post
                        just trying to negotiate a refix of a portion of my mortgage at the moment, but mortgage broker is saying bank will only offer us the advertised lvr 80% & under rates. Anyone been offered rates lower than these recently or got any tips on getting a better rate?
                        Use your friendly mortgage broker to broker a deal.

Wave a quote from another bank under their nose.

If you are under 80% the power should be with you.

I do note, however, that banks do get quite reluctant on deals, just before rates go up

Comment

• Was at my networking group and my banker goes along, one of the guys asked him about 800k under 80% was told he could pretty much name his price and said he could do 4.7% for 1 year.

Comment

• Both ANZ and Westpac have moved most rates upwards.
                            http://www.interest.co.nz/borrowing

Comment

• Originally posted by Maccachic View Post
                              Was at my networking group and my banker goes along, one of the guys asked him about 800k under 80% was told he could pretty much name his price and said he could do 4.7% for 1 year.
                              and 1 year will bring you right into the middle of the rates raising.
                              Now is the time to go longer with at least some of the mortgage (as said many times before - split mortgages into lumps of differing maturities).

Just got 3 yrs at 5.75% which doesn't look too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                and 1 year will bring you right into the middle of the rates raising.
                                Now is the time to go longer with at least some of the mortgage (as said many times before - split mortgages into lumps of differing maturities).

Just got 3 yrs at 5.75% which doesn't look too bad.
                                5.75%? Which bank?

Comment

Working...
                                X