No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Mr Wheeler does raise the OCR, he will get very good bang for his buck.

ANZ 5 year low equity now at 7.60%

The country's largest home loan lender raises 1yr, 2yr rates, adds 50 bps to 'new' low equity loans

www.interest.co.nz/news/66772/countrys-largest-home-loan-lender-raises-1yr-2yr-rates-adds-50-bps-new-low-equity-loans
    Last edited by speights boy; 10-10-2013, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Good news.
      On the move at last.
      Looking good for next year.

Inflation back over 1% again

Comment

• Why do you want high rather than low inflation?
        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• High inflation dilutes debt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
            Why do you want high rather than low inflation?
            I don't want high inflation.
            I am not unhappy however to see inflation back inside the RBNZ's target range, especially as it is still at the low end of the range.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              High inflation dilutes debt.
              I know, but higher inflation pretty much always comes with higher interest rates doesn't it?

So you might see your debt deflate away, but that's only if the interest rates don't kill you first?
              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

I know, but higher inflation pretty much always comes with higher interest rates doesn't it?

So you might see your debt deflate away, but that's only if the interest rates don't kill you first?
                I do realise that but was just answering the question posed.
                Hopefully high inflation also means high wage rises et all.

I purchased my 1st house back when I was a lad of 22. The mortgage was crippling for the 1st 6 months then I got a pay rise. It wasn't long before I forgot how hard those first months were :-)

Comment

Exactly.
                  Perhaps some opportunities for a good old wealth transfer from the highly leveraged to the not so highly leveraged.

Comment

• An upwards trend is noticeable in wholesale rates again.
                    Paricularily at the 1 year level.

Long term fixed rates have increased recently.
                    My guess, short term fixed rates may soon follow.

Increasing inflation plus an increase in ChCh activity should see an OCR rise or 2 next year.

My 2.5c
                    (added 0.5c for interest)

Comment

• National's FHB problem gets a bit bigger.

BNZ adds >80% LVR mortgage rates
                      Higher rates will apply for low equity housing loans, plus low equity margins remain as well

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                        National's FHB problem gets a bit bigger.

BNZ adds >80% LVR mortgage rates

Yep lucky I financed at 90% on 4 properties with BNZ and fixed for 5 years.
                        Before all this came in.

Comment

• Man, you got more balls than me BK, will be interesting to see how it all works out.
                          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• I can't see interest rates going up here in NZ. After just recently spotting majors ads in American newspapers with home loans advertised at 3.5% fixed for 30 years.

Comment

• Wow wouldn't that be nice, altho what are the break fees are they different to here.

Comment

• American interest rates have always been 3-4% lower than NZ. At the height of 2007/2008 their mortgages were 5-6% and their term deposits were 3-5%...

Comment

Working...
                                X