Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
    Why?
    Banks increasing their margins to compensate for lack of high LVR would be one guess.
    why would they need to do this unless they were charging a premium for high LVR?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      why would they need to do this unless they were charging a premium for high LVR?
      Lower overall lending growth.

Comment

• Prepare for the Spring specials for LVR 80% and under investors/home owners, as banks will fight over each other for us!

Comment

• Yep, seen it many times in retail.
          Up the price slowly over 6 months.
          Then hold a "spring special" which is still a higher price than what it was 6 months ago.
          Amazing how many people are happy with that.

Comment

Yep, seen it many times in retail.
            Up the price slowly over 6 months.
            Then hold a "spring special" which is still a higher price than what it was 6 months ago.
            Amazing how many people are happy with that.
            Well since there is only one way up for interest rates, any special discount is welcome at this market!

Comment

• I guess you are right Gary, but the likes of Bluekiwi are happy at present.

Geez, with the amount of time you spend on this forum during the day; don't youse fellas at Auckland Transport do any actual work?

Comment

• Interest rate tamperings are not the only strangle cord being used.

The IRD says it will no longer provide business reply post envelopes.
                (I suspect they stop supplying envelopes at all, eventually)

The LTSA (Large Tax Snatching Agency - now called Transport NZ)
                changed the renewal time for vehicles on the Restoration Register
                from 5 to 1 years; now they're charging for it, annually.

Shonkey & Blenglish are certainly goading the herd of wild elephants.

Smile as you go under . . .
                Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

I guess you are right Gary, but the likes of Bluekiwi are happy at present.

Geez, with the amount of time you spend on this forum during the day; don't youse fellas at Auckland Transport do any actual work?

I'm in a special place my friend ;-)

We do do work, just that my position doesn't require me to do as much compared to others, and all I do is manage my consultants while they do the work for me.

Plus I have no intention to climb the job ladder anymore, so I'm not doing 110% like a lot of my colleagues do.

Comment

I guess you are right Gary, but the likes of Bluekiwi are happy at present.

Wilted on one fix done a bit latter and went for 3 years, should have done 5 years at 6.6% - in hindsight.

Happy, no, was wanting America's Cup Win, to jump start the life back into Auckland property in four years time.

Note Tony Alexander's reads offer some hints on where rates are going, he is proved right time and time again, and I would also note his latest punt on Auckland house prices in this weeks report.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
                      I'm in a special place my friend ;-)

We do do work, just that my position doesn't require me to do as much compared to others, and all I do is manage my consultants while they do the work for me.

Plus I have no intention to climb the job ladder anymore, so I'm not doing 110% like a lot of my colleagues do.
                      Ditto !!!!!

Gone are the 70 hour weeks, working nights, working saturday mornings.
                      You do it when you need to, but work for me now is just a place holder for income to show the banks to allow me to borrow.
                      Once I stop buying long term holds early next year, I wont need it.
                      Great having a little office to do all my property research and business though.

Work my 40 hours and blast away at what needs to be done, with the aim of getting home as soon as possible to wife and kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                        Ditto !!!!!

Gone are the 70 hour weeks, working nights, working saturday mornings.
                        You do it when you need to, but work for me now is just a place holder for income to show the banks to allow me to borrow.
                        Once I stop buying long term holds early next year, I wont need it.
                        Great having a little office to do all my property research and business though.

Work my 40 hours and blast away at what needs to be done, with the aim of getting home as soon as possible to wife and kids.
                        Yeah man, we are on the same page =D

Comment

• nice to be tax payer funded I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                            nice to be tax payer funded I suppose.
                            I guess Gary doesn't complain about rates increases much seeing they pay his salary.
                            I did have a laugh at this....part time comedian I see.
                            so I'm not doing 110% like a lot of my colleagues do.

Comment

I guess Gary doesn't complain about rates increases much seeing they pay his salary.
                              I did have a laugh at this....part time comedian I see.
                              I pay 11 x rates, but do rates increases affect me in anyway?

No, because no matter how upset I am, my emotions don't change a thing on the outcome.

At the end of the day, rates NEED TO BE PAID...

Well my colleagues all work hard so they can keep their families fed, and I appreciate their efforts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                                It could well have been RBNZ policies and nothing to
                                do with bank economists, at all.
                                You could well be right Perry.

A nice little $175m dividend paid to the Govt by the RBNZ.
                                Up from $160m last year.
                                Well done to Mr Wheeler and his team.

Comment

Working...
                                X