Cheap conveyancing in Auckland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap conveyancing in Auckland

I am about to sell my house to my company, should all be very straight forward. Just been quoted $1600 plus GST plus disbursements by the lawyer who did the conveyancing when I bought the house. Can I get this simple paper transfer done cheaper elsewhere? Prefer somewhere West Auckland or City but prepared to travel to save money. Cheers Sandra

Sounds expensive. You should be able to get it down below $1000 without much trouble. I use a Wellington lawyer who charges me less than $500!!!!

John

Comment

Hi Sandra

It really doesn't matter where your lawyer is (Auckland, Wellington or TImbuktu) so long as you're getting the level of service you're happy with. Does it matter if you pay for a few toll calls to wherever? Cumulatively, it must be cheaper than $1,600.

I agree with JL, amount quoted seems a bit steep.
      Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Agree, a few toll calls and a couple of couriers for documents is just a few dollars - any chance of contact details for $500 lawyer. Cheers Sandra

Comment

Try here - http://www.regent.net.nz/

Comment

There are complexities in setting up to be able to settle without meeting the lawyer so I would recommend finding someone local.

Due to volume of transactions I do, I found it worth while finding someone with very low fees but totally competent (I have never met the man in person).

The house we sold last week cost $260 in legal fees!!! A purchase with loan is usually around $460.

Years ago I was paying around the $1600 mark when using a friend in Epson!!!!

John
            Last edited by JohnL; 29-09-2008, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Hi John - interested to know who you use please?

Comment

I paid around $1300 in fees for just a bare $75k section ! Looks like I should shop around next time!

Comment

I need a good conveyancing lawyer, someone who is efficient and quick to reply to requests. Does anyone know of someone who fits this description? Auckland preferably.

Comment

Hi Jeff, If its any help, I am using Ann Cochrane, who works for Schnauer and Co Ltd in Milford. She's great.

Comment

Ok cheers I will give her a call

Comment

If you could tell her Carolyn from ECBays North gave you her name please.

Comment

Working...
                        X