A question of advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question of advice

So don’t feel restricted by ‘The Contract’ or go searching for the ‘Right Clauses’ etc. Just work out between both parties what you are trying to agree to and write those terms and conditions down the best you can on anything that is handy in your OWN words. Both parties sign it and then hand it over to the legal beagles to finalise it.

?

xris can you clarify what it's all about?
    Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by xris View Post
      So don’t feel restricted by ‘The Contract’ or go searching for the ‘Right Clauses’ etc. Just work out between both parties what you are trying to agree to and write those terms and conditions down the best you can on anything that is handy in your OWN words. Both parties sign it and then hand it over to the legal beagles to finalise it.

?
      ?????? Too many shandys today at the bowling club????

Comment

Obviously I am missing something here.

It looks to me that this person is advising us to discuss a real estate transaction, write up a contract with terms and conditions in it, get both buyer and seller to read it and then sign it, AND then not to worry because it doesn't really mean anything until our lawyer has read it and changed it if we want it changed or cancelled.

Am I really missing something here?

xris

Comment

Can I add a bit of background information:
          A mass email was sent out today containing some advice about working out the clauses and conditions for a S&P.
          Xris has just copied this advice in his first post and is inviting comments from PT'ers - does anyone draw up S&P's like this?

Seems a slightly casual approach to me but perhaps the author omitted a few steps along the way.

Comment

Oh... I see!

The advice in that email does seem sloppy doesn't it?

If you were to do it this way, then at the very least wouldn't you give the 'napkin' to your 'legal beagles' to write the clauses correctly, BEFORE you both signed?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen View Post
              Oh... I see!
              I'm glad someone does
              Who sent this email?
              Jo Birch
              Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
              +61 450 148 678

Comment

Working...
              X