X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    I don't see the point in not being straight with the landlord - what do you gain?
    If I was the LL I would have contacted you already - or maybe the LL doesn't want you to renew and is hoping that you will forget to notify 'at least 3 months before'?
    Reading between the lines, I think there's some animosity between the two parties.

Question for the OP.

Have you changed the premises much?
    Do you have a record of the original configuration and condition?
    Because you're supposed to put it back exactly the way you found it.
    Except for normal wear.
    So the faster you get on to that, the better.

Last edited by McDuck; 21-01-2021, 08:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I don't see the point in not being straight with the landlord - what do you gain?
    If I was the LL I would have contacted you already - or maybe the LL doesn't want you to renew and is hoping that you will forget to notify 'at least 3 months before'?

Leave a comment:

• learner
    replied
    Hello FescueFiend

If you are using the ADLS Lease, 6th Edition 2012 (5), which I believe is the latest version, then Clause 32.1 (Renewal of Lease) states that:
    If the Tenant has given to the Landlord written notice to renew the lease at least 3 calendar months before the end of the term...... then the Landlord shall grant a new lease for a further term....

This means that you can give notice at any time to say that you are not renewing the lease at the end of the term. If I were the landlord, then I would appreciate the tenant giving notice as early as possible, so that I can organise agents for leasing, advertising etc. Personally, I always contact the tenant at least 3 months before the end of the term to determine what the tenant's intentions were for the premises.

Leave a comment:

• FescueFiend
    started a topic Ending Commercial Lease

Ending Commercial Lease

Hi All,

I have commercial lease ending 31-March-2021 which has 2 further rights of renewal. We intend on ending our lease on this end date and therefore have made no contact with the landlord in regards renewing the lease.

My intention is to contact the landlord at the start of March notifying them of our intention to end the lease and discussing reinstatement etc.

Is this notice sufficient? Do I need to do anything more? We are not on talking terms with our landlord so we need to do everything via email.

Any advice welcomed

Cheers
Working...
X