retail shopping mall units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• retail shopping mall units

Hi all, my prior experience has been with industrial but I'm wondering if anyone here has had experience investing in retail shopping mall units. I realise that the tenant turnover would probably higher than other kinds of commercial.

Yeah I have. Be very cognisant of the body corp fees. Along with rates, it means a) Tenants don't want to pay all that and a decent rent on top and b) If the unit is ever empty, it costs you an arm and a leg to hold it whilst it's empty.

So, what I would do is work out what tenants would pay all up (gross) to rent a shop in the nearby area (outside the mall) and then apply that to the unit. Then take off the higher outgoings for the mall unit and that's your likely net rent...
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
      Yeah I have. Be very cognisant of the body corp fees. Along with rates, it means a) Tenants don't want to pay all that and a decent rent on top and b) If the unit is ever empty, it costs you an arm and a leg to hold it whilst it's empty.

So, what I would do is work out what tenants would pay all up (gross) to rent a shop in the nearby area (outside the mall) and then apply that to the unit. Then take off the higher outgoings for the mall unit and that's your likely net rent...
      Good advice thanks. So if you work this out and don't pay too much for the unit then it might be a worthwhile investment it sounds like.

Comment

Working...
      X