Professional home inspection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional home inspection?

I'm going to inspect my first bunch of potential investment properties tomorrow!

I'm using an inspection template which goes through various aspects of the home. However, I have never done this before, and will just use the template as a guide to tick things off.
    Once I've inspected the place myself, do I need professionals to inspect it too - such as termite inspections, or some other professional home inspection to check whether things are in working order and are fine?

Or will the inspection that I personally conducted be enough?
    Last edited by Perry; 12-04-2012, 08:35 PM. Reason: fixed typo

It is good you are inspecting the property yourself.

once you seen it done the numbers and feel that it maybe for you it is recommended to higher the service of a pre purchase property/home inspection company. depend on the property cost usually starts at $350 onwards.
    New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
    FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
    CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Comment

NZ has termites?

Comment

Depends if you feel confident enough to identify breaches of the Building code / unpermitted extentions/ building defects etc. Otherwise it would pay to get a Pre Purchase inspection done - they are limited without ripping into walls but a good Building surveyor (http://www.buildingsurveyors.co.nz/panel/membersnear) should be able to identify possible issues. Talk to your lawyer about it before signing a Sale and puchase agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLiberalLeft View Post
          NZ has termites?
          I believe so.....I recall reading sometime ago that there the pesky varmites had made themselves at home somewhere in Otarahanga/Otrehaunga/Otrahunga ....err south of AK

Comment

After you have chosen a property, get a good inspector. try nocowboys.co.nz. I used one inspector that only gave me information I could see for myself, and didn't buy that property. I found another who was really good. Unless you really know what you are doing, it is worthwhile insurance.

Comment

Working...
            X