skipping the country owing money to the bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
    Yes, but if the child is young/old/maori/pacific island/female/gay/lesbian/vertically challenged/left-handed/unemployable/a green party supporter or all of the above then on their return they will be classified as a member of a disadvantaged group.

At that time all will be forgiven and they will no doubt qualify for WINZ (read taxpayer) support.

YOU left out if he was BOTTLE FED....
    surely Breastfed kids are smarter

Comment

I've been trying to get back to that form of feeding for years!

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

The first thing a debt collection company does when they receive a debt to collect is list it with Veda. Therefore for the next 5 years the mark is already there. Even if you repay it the mark is on his credit report so you haven't helped him protect his credit rating.
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
          just because im not overly fond of asians doesnt make me a racist, but id rather be a racist than a theif
          Sounds pretty racist to me, you can justify yourself anyway you want, but it's (IMHO) just a matter of degree.

Is a racist better than a thief???.....depends again on the degree...........steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you king.

I'd rather be a hammer than a nail

Cheers
          Spaceman

Comment

Originally posted by frazzledfozzle View Post
            Davo I know in my head you are right it's time he stood up and acted like a man but in my heart he's my boy and I want to protect him

I wish I could get the emotion out of it because I know you are probably right
            Hi Frazzle

I have a cousin who has been "helped" all his life.

When he was a young man with a wife and child he was given the family homestead.....a substantial house in Napier....he sold it and squandered the money....lost it in some silly "sure-fire" get rich scheme

His dad has bailed him out of many more failed financial schemes....paying off debts so that he wouldn't be bankrupted.....this of course allowed him to continue his life uninterrupted.

With this lesson well learnt he went out and repeated the experience.... another failed "sure thing" ........so again his dad "helped" him by bailing him out.

And more than once his dad loaned him money to "help him thru' a tight spot"

My cousin now has nothing.....no marriage, no house and doesn't even own a car.....worse still he's lost touch with his son

And I'm sure he'd still be bludging off his dad.....if only he had the money to give!

So please resist the temptation to "help" your son.

It won't teach him the lesson he needs to learn.

Comment

also suggest not to help out your son... what did you end up doing?

Comment

Originally posted by spaceman View Post
                Sounds pretty racist to me, you can justify yourself anyway you want, but it's (IMHO) just a matter of degree.

Is a racist better than a thief???.....depends again on the degree...........steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you king.

I'd rather be a hammer than a nail

Cheers
                Spaceman
                good job i dont really care what you think

Comment

^ That's what a racist would say

Cheers
                  Spaceman

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                    Have just heard from Irini that immigration flag passports once the debt gets to $10k. That was the system 20 years ago and she has no reason to suspect that it has changed.
                    do they flag based on any debt? I would have thought there would have to be a court order or something.

Comment

She thinks it was on a court ordered debt.

www.3888444.co.nz
                      Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                        She thinks it was on a court ordered debt.
                        that is what I would expect. I can't imagine me registering a debt from you for $20k + and you getting stopped at the border - civil matter and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by frazzledfozzle View Post
                          what makes me so mad and frustrated is that he can afford to pay it himself he's on a good wage he could have been paying it back to the bank all this time but he has just let it ride
                          Reduce the amount you have left him in your will by $30,000 (five times amount owed), until the debt is paid.
                          Tell him, and his brothers and sisters what you have done.

He won't care, but it's a good reminder for the other more responsible types.

Comment

Originally posted by mattinvestor View Post
                            also suggest not to help out your son... what did you end up doing?
                            I decided that you were all right and I knew it too deep down.

I'm sad that he wont be able to come home for a long time because I would be scared he would be stopped when he returned overseas but thats his choice to make.

Yes it's theft I dont deny that, and I hate what he's done but I also think it's about time the banks took a look at themselves. When it comes to teenagers turning 18 it's like there's some sort of birthday calander on every kid and as soon as it turns to 18 they are looking to loan them money.
                            You wouldn't believe how many of my sons friends have had letters from their banks wanting to sign them up for a credit card.

So I wont be paying his debt, I haven't been to the bank on his behalf because every time I've rung them on the phone they wont talk to me because I'm not entitled to speak for him.

The joys of children

Once again I would like to thank you all for taking the time to help me on this I really appreciate it alot.

frazz

Comment

oh, yeah

the way banks give credit to those who can't stop spending

is like they way alcohol is sold to those that can't stop drinking

cigarettes to those that can't stop smoking

and pokie machines are lined up for those that can't stop gambling

but where do you draw the line?

currently it's at drugs

but what put the coca in the coca-cola

and even with the damage drugs do

many think decriminalization is the way forward...
                              have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post

and even with the damage drugs do

many think decriminalization is the way forward...
                                How well do you think prohibition is working thus far in solving the problems around drugs?????.... IMHO it doesn't appear to be all that successful

Cheers
                                spaceman

Comment

Working...
                                X