Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does everyone here mostly buy there properties ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does everyone here mostly buy there properties ?

Cash ?

0 Down Financing ?

10 - 20 % Down ? ( Does anyone here do this ? )

Equity ?

Owner Financing ?

Anything else ? ......

Depends what cash is available at the time. I have borrowed over 100% of purchase price (for reno), and as low as 70%.

I never use the property I am buying as security. Much simpler to use another property with sufficient equity. Means simple pre-approval and fewer (or no) conditions from the bank, and don't need to supply the bank with a valuation. Enables borrowing more than 100% too.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I think there is no one set format and each property's specs can impact on how you gear it.

Owner financing setups are generally not too flash here in NZ and possibly a little unsafe from a purchaser's perspective.

Depends on what the locale is doing too. If values are jumping and you are confident, well then it comes down to your risk comfort threshold really.

If I know that there will be a negative cashflow then I would minimise exposure by lowering my leveraging. If it was a dream passive investment with oodles of income to spare (?!?) then at least 100%!

Comment

Post Stolen From Another Site

THIS POST WAS STOLEN FROM OUR SITE

Check out

Look familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by bigp View Post
          THIS POST WAS STOLEN FROM OUR SITE

Check out

Look familiar?
          Hi bigp,
          Would you like it back?

I'm not sure why you've used the word "stolen" - are you feeling angry today?
          cheers
          tricky

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
            Hi bigp,
            Would you like it back?

I'm not sure why you've used the word "stolen" - are you feeling angry today?
            cheers
            tricky
            Perhaps it is just good free advertising of the other site?

How many of us followed the lead?

xris

Comment

Hi guys,

BigP is actually alerting us to something that we have already been a bit suspicious of anyhow. There have been a series of new members over the last few weeks that repeatedly create 3 new 'random' threads, in different forums on PT.

That in itself isn't a problem - but they always contain 2-3 links to miscellaneous websites (and usually not property related). I believe it's a type of 'spam' disguised to look like a legitimate posting.

BigP has provided some proof that these posts are probably just 'cut and pasted' from other property-related forums. In this case, 'AndrewG' has posted three questions copied from another forum, but they were originally made by three different posters in THAT forum.

The moderators are currently discussing this.

Meanwhile - bigp, thanks for providing the links to the other website.
              Last edited by BusyLizzy; 11-01-2007, 03:01 PM.
              Lisa

Comment

Hi Andrew

I've just bought my first "no-money down" property based on equity increases from the last 2 years!! -am stoked!

ie. my previous holding rose enough in value to provide me 20% overall equity while including my latest acquisition @100% borrowing.

Not sure if I could repeat that every 2 years ie. ....is the KIWI market plateauing?......hmmmmmm

Comment

This is like the matrix. Some guy called AndrewGG materialised from some parallel universe, being hotly pursued by bigp. Just as quickly they melted into the matrix and disappeared. Where did they end up? Did bigp catch up with andrewgg, or did he make it to the telephone box? Where the hell am I?

Comment

Working...
                  X