Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are they allowed to publish such inaccurate bollocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are they allowed to publish such inaccurate bollocks?

Among other major misapprehensions of the tenancy rules and tribunal workings is this gem:

Landlords in most cases can increase rent every three months and give 42 days' notice. How are families with kids expected to settle and thrive in a community under these circumstances? It sucks.
    COMMENT: It's clear our laws protecting tenants have not kept up with changes in the market which have tipped the balance further to landlords' benefit.
    My blog. From personal experience.
    http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

A journalist verifying facts before publishing is something from 20th century. These days they can't be bothered.

Comment

Doesn't help public perception. Guessing they must have been told that.
      Some Herald columnists have updated their articles when written to so I have just emailed her.
      Rentex Limited Property Management - Est. 1988

Comment

Not much different to yesterday's article by Ann Gibson. She was reporting about all the vacant houses in Auckland. She even got a few brownie points for reporting the actual number of empty houses in Auckland compared with the rest of the country. The silly thing was those two figures indicated that actually Auckland has half the ratio of empty dwellings on Census night compared with the rest of the country. I wrote a polite email to Ann which she replied to but with no comment. The danger is many of our politicians are not good thinkers for themselves. This is why we are getting weird laws and regulations being passed.

Comment

Originally posted by ivanp View Post
          A journalist verifying facts before publishing is something from 20th century. These days they can't be bothered.
          Most of them aren't really journalists any more. They're just producing clickable content to put adverts beside.
          You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Usually I let these sort of things wash over me but that one really pissed me off.
            The whole opinion piece was such tripe.

Comment

Deborah Hill-Cone usually writes really well, I look forward to her column.

But that one was pure garbage.

Usually you can comment on her columns too, but this one was closed...
              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                Deborah Hill-Cone usually writes really well, I look forward to her column.

But that one was pure garbage.

Usually you can comment on her columns too, but this one was closed...
                i noticed no comments allowed... A one way conversation... Biased, uneducated and following the herd of current sentiment... Sounds to me like someone couldn't meet deadline to publish on a decent piece so went with the safe approach

Comment

Information sourced from Facebook.

A truly reliable medium.

www.3888444.co.nz
                  Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
                    Most of them aren't really journalists any more. They're just producing clickable content to put adverts beside.
                    Yeap, she is a content creator, not a journalist.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                      It's an 'opinion' piece and states such.

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                        Information sourced from Facebook.

A truly reliable medium.
                        Come-on - it's from a 'friend.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post

Deborah was a journalist/financial reporter at NBR for 10 years.

cheers,

Donna
                          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                            Deborah was a journalist/financial reporter at NBR for 10 years.

cheers,

Donna

Yes, 'was' being the keyword.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                              Not much different to yesterday's article by Ann Gibson. She was reporting about all the vacant houses in Auckland. She even got a few brownie points for reporting the actual number of empty houses in Auckland compared with the rest of the country. The silly thing was those two figures indicated that actually Auckland has half the ratio of empty dwellings on Census night compared with the rest of the country. I wrote a polite email to Ann which she replied to but with no comment. The danger is many of our politicians are not good thinkers for themselves. This is why we are getting weird laws and regulations being passed.
                              She is only their property editor though, so cut her some slack!

I did like the bit about the woman who was upset that her sold family home was sitting empty.

Comment

Working...
                              X