X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property within Transmission line Buffer in Wellington

Hi there

i am am looking at a property in Wellington city
    the Agent has informed me the the property is within transmission line buffer.

what are its implications for me, if any ?
    should I be worried about buying the property?

Thanks for advising

all the ones that i liked have slipped off my hands (asking price was too high for me), now i ve seen cpl of properties around TL but unsure coz i ve got young kids n i heard it is not the best to live near TL with kids. i would also highly appreciate some expert comments here

Comment

Personally I'd live under power lines - people have been doing so for decades and there a is NO science behind the beliefs of some that htey cause health issues. The problem is that when you come to sell your buyers will have the same emotional fear of power lines - and therefore your market is limited.

On the other hand you'll get a bargain on buying - but you may find the property hard to sell in the future.
      Lis:

Helping NZ authors get their books published

Comment

Originally posted by lissie View Post
        Personally I'd live under power lines - people have been doing so for decades and there a is NO science behind the beliefs of some that htey cause health issues. The problem is that when you come to sell your buyers will have the same emotional fear of power lines - and therefore your market is limited.

On the other hand you'll get a bargain on buying - but you may find the property hard to sell in the future.
        Thank you Lissie, I did go to the house which was right under the TL, however dint like the house + it was very close the motorway and the motorway noise on that wet day was unbearable.

Comment

Hi there

The property has remained unsold for several weeks now and the vendor has reduced the asking price.
          I had one more thought.
          The roof will require replacement in the near future.
          Any idea if there would be any additional difficulties and costs in getting the roof changed due to the proximity of the TL Wires ?
          (The TL wires run right over the roof with the minimum gap i suppose)
          Does the change of roof require use of heavy machinery or is it all done manually ?

Thanks for advising

Comment

Sounds like that would be hard to maintain, last property to rent etc. Best avoided. If it can't sell in this market then that says a lot.
            Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Hi Nick

It did not sell because the owner had unrealistic price expectations and the stigma of the TL.

Even those looking to rent would be put off by the TL ?

I researched a lot on the web and found that most articles say that there is no harm in living below a transmission line

For example the house I am renting I did not do even 1% diligence as compared to a house I am buying.
              I was personally not aware of the TL issue and became aware of the same only when the agent pointed it out presumably as part of his duties.
              I don't know if you have to inform a prospective tenant also about the TL?

The location of the house is good as it is well connected by bus and close to Wellington CBD.

How much discount would a tenant expect on the rent for this house vis a vis the similar next house which is away from the TL ?

Thanks for advising
              Last edited by jamesnz; 05-09-2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I know the science says no risk but anything that does this scares me I'm sorry:

Comment

Originally posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
                  I know the science says no risk but anything that does this scares me I'm sorry:
                  Free power = bonus

Comment

Working...
                  X