Skills Real Estate Salespersons Qualification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skills Real Estate Salespersons Qualification

Has any body done or is doing this course recently? My wife is working her way through the papers. The trainee guides are generally pretty clear but I'm amazed at how badly written some of the sections in the unit standard assessment papers are! There's one she's trying to do at the moment where she's meant to evaluate the effectiveness of a direct marketing campaign that is completely fabricated by her. It's weird! Much of the text is directed to the person marking the papers instead of the student and it's really hard to understand what they actually want. There's "odd" and inconsistent use of terms. There's no forum available where students can help each other and access to advice from tutors is difficult.
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Hi, I'm about to start that course just waiting on the info, but am doing it thru Reap as they have tutors to help - she might be able to contact Tafe and ask - they have tutors there and if she's already got a company that she's going to work for - they should be able to help her.

Comment

Originally posted by SPerfect View Post
      Hi, I'm about to start that course just waiting on the info, but am doing it thru Reap as they have tutors to help - she might be able to contact Tafe and ask - they have tutors there and if she's already got a company that she's going to work for - they should be able to help her.
      Has TAFE got something to do with Skills? She has been in touch with the company she will be working for but they're ridiculously busy at the moment and they don't really have a dedicated trainer she can speak to - just the admin person who did the same course a while ago.
      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Tafe have been doing the course for years - cause I did it about 10+ years ago and have to redo as the papers have changed since then. The other guy that may help her though located in Wellington is Colin Wilson Training (that's who I'm going thru now to redo papers) though he does cost normally but you never know, he might help in a one off.

Comment

I got my real estate licence in 1995 and did it through Open Polytechnic and it was a doddle. I let the licence lap after working as an agent for 3 years and then sat it again in 2013 through Skills. It was like studying for a law degree the 2nd time around. I had no help either and I did call Skills a couple of times and they had one of the people who assessed the practical part (last paper) of the course contact me to discuss the problem I was having over the phone. She could also make contact with a RE company in Whangarei and perhaps build a rapport with an agent who has just got their licence through the Skills programme. I know Harcourts do their own inhouse training so they may have a tutor that will help? (In ChCh they did their own inhouse training)

Comment

It certainly has changed, the "easy" route as my business partner did originally was to order all your papers and crank through them in a month, now unless you go through tafe or something it's all online and you have to do a paper at a time it takes ages.
            Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
              It certainly has changed, the "easy" route as my business partner did originally was to order all your papers and crank through them in a month, now unless you go through tafe or something it's all online and you have to do a paper at a time it takes ages.
              Mine wasn't online, they still sent me all the paperwork but they had to be done in sequence and were posted in to be marked.

Comment

Working...
              X