Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building on an Accesstory Unit (Wellington)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building on an Accesstory Unit (Wellington)

Hi

I currently own and occupy in a flat in Wellington which is on a Unit Title. There is a rather large piece of land on the unit title which is an Accessory Unit allocated to me.

I wouldn't mind building a small house on this piece of land to live in... can I do this legally on an AU and how easy is it to separate an AU onto a separate title?

Thanks

Originally posted by Horsesforcourses View Post
    Hi

I currently own and occupy in a flat in Wellington which is on a Unit Title. There is a rather large piece of land on the unit title which is an Accessory Unit allocated to me.

I wouldn't mind building a small house on this piece of land to live in... can I do this legally on an AU and how easy is it to separate an AU onto a separate title?

Thanks
    To do what you are suggesting will be extremely difficult, probably impossible.

Accessory units in the development are designed to be used with a principal unit, and must be owned by the owner of a principal unit. They may only be sold with the principal unit, or to the owner of another principal unit in the same development. Examples of accessory units include a car park, private garden, garage or storage space.

Read this also.

Comment

Hmmm, at the very least you'd need permission from the body corporate... which might not be easy to secure.

But if everyone agrees, then you may be able to build. Creating a separate title is a whole other thing though. Don't see how you would do that.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Comment

talk to a land surveyor perhaps the same one who did the original unit title (on the plans with title)

Comment

Working...
          X