Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meth or P related - it goes here, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Keys
    Thanks for the information,very useful.I heard there are some remedial paints available in the market which are for commercial use to seal the cont but it will be nice to get some more information from you if you would like to share with us..

Comment

• I am working on sourcing the origionator of some news articles. It was reported by a friendly solicitor as reported in the NZPIF web page. They scraped the information from a news web site and I'm still trying.

The best, economical, thing I can do for my owners is to become qualified (as much as one can at the moment) in Meth testing.

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Keys View Post
        Composite testing is unreliable.
        But it does indicate that it is worth looking deeper and doing a detailed test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
          But it does indicate that it is worth looking deeper and doing a detailed test.
          Composite testing takes samples over several rooms (up to eight I've been told by Meth Solutions).

So, the lab does readings on the basis that the area tested was 100cm2. Composite testing?????

How can you guarantee the area tested is 100cm2 over 8 areas? If it is more, the reading will show a higher contamination reading.

No, IMHO, it only gets more work for those wanting to test/clean.

www.3888444.co.nz
          Facebook Page

Comment

Composite testing takes samples over several rooms (up to eight I've been told by Meth Solutions).

So, the lab does readings on the basis that the area tested was 100cm2. Composite testing?????

How can you guarantee the area tested is 100cm2 over 8 areas? If it is more, the reading will show a higher contamination reading.

Isn't the idea with the screening test to see if there is Meth or not? So 'higher contamination reading' is meaningless.

Ross
            Book a free chat here
            Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

You either do a composite test and if it shows there is some meth then do a full test.
              Or you do a full test.

Given I have heard 30% of composite tests show some contamination it seems doing a full test at the start would be a waste in 70% of the cases.
              So doesn't seem like more testing work - looks like less to me.

Composite or full test at the start doesn't change the cleaning work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosco View Post
                Isn't the idea with the screening test to see if there is Meth or not? So 'higher contamination reading' is meaningless.

Ross
                You certainly don't do a composite test then clean if positive.
                That would be just silly - you wouldn't know where to direct the efforts.

Comment

• "Meth Minder" has tamper detection devices working on them ?

Property Ventures have a marathon interview if any of you can hack it.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE PODCAST

Comment

• A proper screen test should be done test by test. One test, one spot. Totally tracable to where the contamination is.

Composite testing can, and probably does, give false positives thereby leading to the more expensive full test which may not even be required.

www.3888444.co.nz
                    Facebook Page

Comment

• This looks like a far better way to do a detailed cheaper test...
                      Do a google search for "sppi meth test"

– On-site results: immediate investigation of positive findings and no anxious waiting
                      – Report by the following morning: timely, accurate information you can use with confidence
                      Thorough sampling: at least 3 samples in every room of the property
                      – Independent, unbiased testing: to ensure there is no conflict of interest, SPPI do not undertake remedial work
                      – Expert advice and recommendations: from the forefront of current research

With a fixed rate of $165 (inc. gst) and highly accurate, proven technology, we aim to make meth testing an accessible service for all stakeholders - combating the public and environmental risks produced by meth contamination.

Comment

• The podcast was interesting.
                        If you paint then it can leach back out after a while.
                        So you test at the start of the tenancy - OK
                        Test at the end - not OK
                        How do you prove that it wasn't a previous contamination that has just leached back out?
                        If the house had previous history then a tenant could use that in the TT and probably win - even if it was them that did it.
                        On a hiding to nothing I think.

Bit like leaky homes - once tagged people are reluctant to buy.
                        Would you buy a house that had been positive for meth even if supposedly cleaned?

Comment

• I have used SPPI for meth testing thay are fantastic.

Comment

• Key- I forgot to ask you yesterday,do you know place/organisation i can get Meth Testing qualification to become qualified Meth Tester.

Comment

• See post number 296

www.3888444.co.nz
                              Facebook Page

Comment

• That was a seriously large meth haul intercepted by the police. If destined for NZ use, that is potentially a lot of smoking by tenants.

I suppose we can be thankful it was manufactured elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X