Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And you think Auckland is expensive.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you know what Damap - neither do I!
    What other people do is their problem at the end of the day!

Comment

You're making so much sense Wayne you are off my ignore list :-).
      At the end of the day people should do what works for them I reckon. Auckland has been unbeatable for me. No point defending it to haters though is there.

Comment

I thought your whole business model was dependant on telling people to buy Auckland properties with negative gearing, if you don't care about Auckalnd house prices I feel very sorry for your clients.

Comment

I dont have a business model Kb. I help former clients and friends invest in Auckland if they ask me. I have good contacts from when I was more active here. My business is in the USA.

And what i don't care about is debating the merits of Auckland. If you don't like it don't invest in it. I don't care what you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Damap View Post
            I dont have a business model Kb. I help former clients and friends invest in Auckland if they ask me. I have good contacts from when I was more active here. My business is in the USA.

And what i don't care about is debating the merits of Auckland. If you don't like it don't invest in it. I don't care what you do.
            Ill agree with you too disagree on Auckland.

when complying that list of cities earlier, I was surprised to see the low income to price ratios for many big USA cities - are the rental yields good in these cheap locations?

Comment

Wow big question man. Most cities in the USA are like about 50 towns in one. So it's so so hard to say any city is good or bad because on paper many are good but in reality there is no point getting good yield if you need an AK47 to get the rent collected.

Having said all that yes there are many, many parts of America where you can easily get close to 20% return on paper. I have invested in 3 cities and we eventually settled on Memphis and that is a good cash flow city. It's no where near as simple as NZ but you can do well. Generally you have to invest for cashflow OR growth. Anywhere with good yield has limited growth and vice versa.

Not for the faint hearted but we have a lot of happy clients building quite big portfolios there. Once you can access the cheaper money in the USA it gets to be fun! Less stressful than NZ as you can recycle all your money out and their lending is non recourse, so you're playing wiht the banks money and no risk to you at all!.

Genuine net returns once you factor in all the ongoing speed bumps are around 10% long term. Sometimes a bit more some of my guys are doing close to 13 net in their hand having been early adopters like me.
              Last edited by Damap; 11-02-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Damap View Post
                You're making so much sense Wayne you are off my ignore list :-).
                At the end of the day people should do what works for them I reckon. Auckland has been unbeatable for me. No point defending it to haters though is there.
                I am pleased Dean.
                For me it is interesting watching people suck up points that reinforce their view (whatever that may be) and de-weight anything else.
                Usual behaviour I'm afraid.

Comment

I don't think I'm like that, (maybe I am who knows), I just get sick of all the personal attacks and lies that come from some. Can't remember if you were in that group or not now :-).

Comment

I agree with Wayne. If you compare, you should compare all aspects like wages, living expenses etc. We have very low wages here as compared to the rest of the western world and commodities are very expensive.
                    For an Aucklander, it still is very expensive (unless you are rich). But for someone coming from overseas, it is cheap in comparison, especially if you are bringing money in.
                    Living a more meaningful & enhanced life with investments, business and blogging. www.theFIminator.com

Comment

Working...
                    X