minor dwelling south auckland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tulson28 View Post
    So maybe your original post should be re-worded a little.. For you to say how can you consider such a price without knowing the site or what the dwelling consists off is obviously jumping to conclusions and not comparing apples with apples apples as you don't know what is included in the price.. And you are wrong the price I am quoted will be completed including all site fees and services. thats why I payed $1750 to do a feasibility report this gets me a turn key quote from start to finish. They ensure the site is viable and let you know upfront any additional costs on top of the standard $199k (includes council consents and geotopical report) for a flat section and services all within 10 metres.

Looks like my section looks easy enough to build on so my completed price indicated from start to finish will be roughly $210-215k And all I had to do was attend a couple of meetings. Im happy with that.
    Sounds to me like you are a novice in the area of building so if you are happy to spend hard earned money on a feasibility report then that's all that counts. Isn't it? Just so you know my friend subdivided his property in Onehunga, got a geo report for the new dwelling and when they started to build discovered buried car bodies in the areas that no core samples had been taken from.
    Sometimes no amount of planning can avoid the inevitable blow outs but if you are getting ripped off from the outset paying over the top for the basic structure then you are a mug (in my opinion that comes from experience)

Comment

thats why I payed $1750 to do a feasibility report
      we all learn something new everyday no??
      tulson28 that's way to expensive for feasibility report. usually they cost $900 up to $1300.

Sometimes no amount of planning can avoid the inevitable blow outs
      Agreed,

Been a "builder" is one of the better profession to be for property investors in term of renovation, improvements knowledge.
      saying that, personal i rather pay someone for advise and doing the job then trying to save money and doing work myself.

With time you build up your knowledge and professional team around you... that helps a lot.
      New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
      FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
      CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Comment

hmm interesting they were the cheapest of the three that actually bothered to get back to me.

Have engaged a couple of other companies that do Minor dwellings and they all seem to be coming in around the same price range.. Original price is looking good and she's the easiest to deal with. Customer service has a huge influence when you want the project taken care of from start to finish.

Comment

I detect an opening in the market to undertake project management of delivering minor dwellings for clients. What do you think that service might be worth?
          Source a minor dwelling to clients budget, oversee plans and organise building specs, oversee building and sign off?

Comment

The market was there for more than a decade and will end soon as there are no minor dwellings in the future Unitary Plan.

Comment

The market was there for more than a decade and will end soon as there are no minor dwellings in the future Unitary Plan.
              Statement above Ivanp, what is this based on??? i hear Mix messages from few different Planers and surveyors.
              Even Council didn't make up their mind about it yet...

Please advise???

Comment

Originally posted by ivanp View Post
                Are you sure of this? Where does it mention that the Unitary plan will not allow minor dwellings?

Comment

Minor dwellings are present in the currently used district plans for North Shore, Manukau and Waitakere, but not longer present in the draft of Unitary Plan - that means they are not allowed under Unitary Plan (i.e. treated in the same way as normal dwellings even if small like 60 or 65sqm).

The draft was available on council's website...

Though with recent rumors about rezoning many suburbs for intensified development it may happen that something about minor dwellings might be changed as well?
                  Last edited by ivanp; 24-11-2015, 10:25 PM.

Comment

I detect an opening in the market to undertake project management of delivering minor dwellings for clients. What do you think that service might be worth?
                    Source a minor dwelling to clients budget, oversee plans and organise building specs, oversee building and sign off?
                    Thats exactly what Fuzo and a couple of other companies do already.

Comment

What do you think that service might be worth?

I'm Guessing Anything between 50k-25k.
                      Last edited by Orkibi; 24-11-2015, 10:47 PM. Reason: fix "

Comment

Originally posted by Damap View Post
                        Thats exactly what Fuzo and a couple of other companies do already.
                        Then why are so many people on here at least unsure of where to go or who to approach regarding getting a minor dwelling underway.
                        Unitary plan assumes that the only people constructing a minor dwelling live in Auckland. There is a thriving world out there past the Bombay Hills and Orewa believe it or not. In fact minor dwellings are still the go here on the Hibiscus Coast.

Comment

Hibiscus Coast is part of Rodney, Auckland, and there are no minor dwellings here allowed under the proposed Unitary Plan (at least as per current draft, last updated 8 Sep 2015 - see http://unitaryplan.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz ).

I suppose minor dwellings don't make that much sense in most places outside of Auckland as there's so much land!

Comment

Then why are so many people on here at least unsure of where to go or who to approach regarding getting a minor dwelling underway.
                            Because kiwis hate spending money and are always trying to get everything done for free. That's the only reason.

Also on MDU's the new plan has hidden MDU's under other terminology. My planner sent to me yesterday info about it. In the new plan you can have a second dwelling on residential zoning but it must be "on same title as main dwelling and they must be sold together". They haven't given it a name yet but obviously it is an MDU.

He is getting me more details I'll post it once I have it.

Comment

Hibiscus Coast is part of Rodney, Auckland, and there are no minor dwellings here allowed under the proposed Unitary Plan (at least as per current draft, last updated 8 Sep 2015 - see http://unitaryplan.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz ).

I suppose minor dwellings don't make that much sense in most places outside of Auckland as there's so much land!
                              Minor dwellings are driven by the ability to get consent, they wouldn't exist if you could get consent for a non-minor dwelling in the same application. The physical existence of land is largely irrelevant.

Comment

"Proposed" plan 2013 being the operative word, it is now 2015 nearly 2016 and even if it was legislation its still only a guideline. Our property can have have a detached minor dwelling of up to 65m2 but requires a resource consent. If the dwelling is 60m2 or less the development contribution is less. We can also have a sleepout up to 20m2 which may contain no more than 2 internal wall and no kitchen. We are in Rodney on nearly 1000m2. Minor dwellings in Whangarei make sense as alot of extended family living together on 600 -700m2 sites. Same as South Auckland which is why there are heaps as well as garage conversions.

Comment

Working...
                                X