This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobsyouruncle View Post
    He could;t have played the game better. You sit down in any city and ask people about Mexicans, blacks or other minorities. HE has tapped into mainstream americas fears. But the real issue is standing up to unions and other zealot lobby groups and balancing the books. He can do that in his sleep with some good people around him.
    Remember Hitler - he did the same.
    Clever guys really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      Remember Hitler - he did the same.
      Clever guys really.
      The difference is that the German people weren't stupid enough to vote Hitler in. Not so sure about the Americans!
      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

• just about

in the 1933 elections he got 44%

the next highest was 18% then lots of other little parties

of course it was all a little more complicated than that

but generally he was popular enough with about half the electorate for the next 10 years
        Last edited by eri; 03-06-2016, 01:45 PM.
        have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

• There is no real comparison. My father stood in a square with what he recalls as "seemed like a million people" and listened to Hitler. There was complete silence. The man had an incredible "presence" about him that mesmerised people. Trump not in his league at any level.

I am past saying things like "Mark my words", but I do believe he will get in and I think if he gets good advice he could be the best President economically in decades.

Comment

I am past saying things like "Mark my words", but I do believe he will get in and I think if he gets good advice he could be the best President economically in decades.
            Do you think he'd drop the 'orange' look?
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• He is pretty high on the weird sh*tometer Donna I agree, but he's no idiot. When you talk to people in the States in the real estate industry he is held in very high regard in the main. He's pulled off some amazing deals and knows how to make money and eventually learned how to keep it. His dad's right hand man has been his advisor a long time and he is/was a genius, (Not sure if still alive). That's why I think it will come down to who Trump hires to help him run the country.

Comment

• being 'limited'

didn't stop regan from being a pretty good president

knowing his limitations he delegated policy to those who knew

which left him free to be the friendly uncle to the public

but regan was reasonable...

not sure trump knows his limits

he's already said he knows more about everything than the experts

and he's no friendly uncle

(regan agreed with gorbechev? to shrink both their nuc weapon stockpiles

could trump get N.korea to give up theirs?)
                Last edited by eri; 03-06-2016, 09:28 PM.
                have you defeated them?
                your demons

Comment

• I don't think we know what he really believes. HE never expected to get this far and so in reality has no clue what he is talking about. He will be starting to pull people around him now to start to give him real advice. He won't have an opinion on many things in reality. He wants to be rich and famous. So he will do whatever it takes to achieve that. Being a good President who reduces debt and makes America great again will be a potent attraction to his ego.

Stay tuned........

Comment

I don't think we know what he really believes. HE never expected to get this far and so in reality has no clue what he is talking about. He will be starting to pull people around him now to start to give him real advice. He won't have an opinion on many things in reality. He wants to be rich and famous. So he will do whatever it takes to achieve that. Being a good President who reduces debt and makes America great again will be a potent attraction to his ego.

Stay tuned........
                    He works for the rich, all he will do is increase debt again, and make more interest for the rich!

Comment

• If you believe a good President is one that creates wealth without regard to who gets it or at what cost to people, then Trump might be "the best ever" but to me, he would be a disaster, not only for the US but for the world.
                      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

• A casual perception is that the USA is a disaster, irrespective of who is the figurehead. USA is no longer a democracy. Hasn't been for some time. It's been a corporatocracy for decades.

Caution: contains swearing obscenities.

Comment

• ^

apparently worth about $6million when he died in 2008

so presumably in that 10yo video he wasn't bitching about the 1% screwing the 99%

Last edited by eri; 04-06-2016, 03:32 PM.
                          have you defeated them?
                          your demons

Comment

• The bad news for Republicans is that,

when millions of primary voters were invited to choose between candidates representing most major strains of conservative thought,

and Mr Trump’s mix of nonsense and nastiness,

they chose the latter.

http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21699918-asked-choose-between-conservative-principle-and-nastiness-trump-voters-pick
                            have you defeated them?
                            your demons

Comment

• right thinking republicans for hillary

"This isn't saying that everything Hillary Clinton stands for suddenly becomes our point of view.

It doesn't, and it's not," he said.

"But if this country winds up in World War III, none of our disagreements about taxes and regulations will matter. ...

So I'm very comfortable with Secretary Clinton in that role as commander in chief."

have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

• Donald said he won't sign TPPA - odd I thought it had been signed already! But he says don't worry cos he's going to get the best ever trade agreements America has ever seen - hahahahaha

Hillary made history today - first female candidate of a major party.

cheers,

Donna
                                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
                                X