Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me this is WEATHERSIDE or HARDIPLANK? Pictures attached.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me this is WEATHERSIDE or HARDIPLANK? Pictures attached.

Hi fellas, I am a first home buyer and just found a very interesting property. The listing agent claims that the cladding material is hardiplank or timber weatherboard. However, I recognise that the material looks very similar to weatherside. Therefore, I took some pictures and attached here.

Can you please have a look at the pictures and tell me if the cladding material is weatherside?

bbs【dot】skykiwi【dot】com/home【dot】php?mod=space&uid=383320&do=album&id=4853 2
    Last edited by popofelix; 09-08-2015, 10:19 AM.

Cant see pics

Comment

thanks for your reply mate. i couldn't upload pics or links. any solutions to this problem?

Comment

Upload to facebook or similar and give us the text of a link.

Comment

Probably not enough posts.
          "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

I am not allow to put links or upload pictures. Please copy the link and put . instead of 【dot】 to view the pictures. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

bbs【dot】skykiwi【dot】com/home【dot】php?mod=space&uid=383320&do=album&id=4853 2
              I am not allow to put links or upload pictures. Please copy the link and put . instead of 【dot】 to view the pictures. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

A pity it is in Chinese.
                "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by muppet View Post
                  A pity it is in Chinese.

很难辨别真假。 刮去一位油漆。 天气一侧为棕色。

Comment

sorry mate. what do you mean "天气一侧为棕色"?

Comment

Originally posted by popofelix View Post
                      sorry mate. what do you mean "天气一侧为棕色"?
                      Well basically what I said was that it is difficult to tell from the photos whether it is Weatherside or Hardiplank.

The best way to determine is to scrape bit of paint of the bottom of the board, right down to the material. Weatherside is brown and Hardiplank is grey. If it is Weatherside, make sure to seal the board again.

祝你好运

Comment

Originally posted by popofelix View Post
                        Hi fellas, I am a first home buyer and just found a very interesting property. The listing agent claims that the cladding material is hardiplank or timber weatherboard. However, I recognise that the material looks very similar to weatherside. Therefore, I took some pictures and attached here.

Can you please have a look at the pictures and tell me if the cladding material is weatherside?

bbs【dot】skykiwi【dot】com/home【dot】php?mod=space&uid=383320&do=album&id=48 53 2
                        popofelix - You meant (the correct link) -

and to make matters difficult, a "space" was introduced at the end of your link
                        in the "48532" which somehow became "4853 2" - (not your fault!)
                        at which the webpage couldnt interpret and giving chinese comments
                        抱歉,您要查看的相册不存在或正在审核
                        [ 点击这里返回上一页 ]
                        which I imagine to be "error" messages

Anyhow, you now have the correct link above
                        (I "think" you need to have total of 10 posts here before you can post a URL)

AND TO WHOMEVER might go viewing those three pictures on that link
                        All you have to do is to click on any one of those 3 pictures
                        to get a LARGE CLEAR picture of it etc - to help answering popoflex's question

AND
                        Not discounting Aston's practical test - Can anyone tell us what precise thickness of
                        Weatherside & Hardiplank are or should be?
                        Last edited by props4u; 10-08-2015, 04:45 AM.
                        Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
                        Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
                        May 2012

Comment

looks like hardiplank to me

Comment

Hardiplank.

Comment

Hardiplank.. a very good cladding imho.

Comment

Working...
                              X