Term life - yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
    Well I'm sorry to hear that your father has passed away Michael, I mean this sincerely.

But mate, I reserve the right to take the piss out of you from time to time because most of the stuff you post is total nonsense. And I'm allowed to say so.
    Yeah, whatever. On reflection I realise you obviously don't understand.

Honoring and looking after one's folks brings good luck in addition to being the right thing to do. I'm not even sure how to explain it to you.
    Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 10-08-2015, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Try Marlon de Moulin of Compass Life.
      You can get level policies where you pay a set premium until age 65 or 80. Incredibly cheap, I couldn't understand how the company could afford it, until realised; not churn, and no certainty that will be policy will be paid out as stops at age 65 or 80. The younger you are when you take out the policy the lower the premium. I am taking them out for my kids for their sakes.
      Agree with Rosco, I could no longer work at my occupation due to an accident, so had to become a property investor
      I was a stuntman (I wish )

Comment

Eugene some level term policies just convert to yearly reviewable term when it hits 65/80.

Comment

Originally posted by VINnz View Post
          Eugene some level term policies just convert to yearly reviewable term when it hits 65/80.
          Thanks I will look into that, if I am still around

Comment

Best to check now mate, you don't want that cover expiring at age 65 leaving you in the lurch!

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I will ask the broker, will current health apply or will an assessment be required, do you know? for cost and exclusions.
              Kids will have long gone but other half would prob like the cover

Comment

Generally a new assessment is made anytime you are increasing cover or changing the terms I.e anything involving extra risk to the company... but it can be different from company to company depending on policy wording... I cant offer any advice so all i can say is have your broker review your current cover and tell him what you need and they will advise from there. Just be careful of any broker trying to "churn" your cover to another provider for like for like cover, be sure to check any changes in terms and exclusions before you do so.

Comment

Working...
                X