Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Chinese Investors Targeting South Auckland, is this 12 o'clock?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Chinese Investors Targeting South Auckland, is this 12 o'clock?!

Over the past week or so, I am seeing a big increase in online local Chinese investors asking about South Auckland.

A lot are also asking about Hamilton and out of town.

Other investor friends also told me it's crazy down South, and yields dropping to 4%...

12 O'clock?

Similar to 2006?

What do you think?

Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
    Other investor friends also told me it's crazy down South, and yields dropping to 4%...
    12 O'clock?
    Similar to 2006?
    What do you think?
    With the money men back on the mainland calling the shots; it won't be 12 o'clock until 2% is reached.

Comment

The Barfoot auctions in Manukau have always been filled with Asian-looking investors.

South has gone completely crazy alright, as an example there is one property in an average street in Manurewa West which was sold three times since January, with sale prices from $420k to $600k and it's on the market again. This is a 3 bedroom on 800 sqm generating around $470 per week rent, and due to stormwater capacity issues is very difficult to subdivide. At these prices central is definitely looking the more attractive option although with sleepout, H&I / MHU builds and development strategies South is still reasonable cashflow.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
        With the money men back on the mainland calling the shots; it won't be 12 o'clock until 2% is reached.
        No.

Foreign Chinese investors don't buy in urban South.

They buy either in Northshore/Central/East good suburbs with good school zones, or they buy sub-dividable potential rural land.

They don't buy Manurewa etc.

Comment

ICBC 12 month fixed is 4.85%. Similar to BNZ?

Comment

Originally posted by AMR View Post
            The Barfoot auctions in Manukau have always been filled with Asian-looking investors.

South has gone completely crazy alright, as an example there is one property in an average street in Manurewa West which was sold three times since January, with sale prices from $420k to $600k and it's on the market again. This is a 3 bedroom on 800 sqm generating around $470 per week rent, and due to stormwater capacity issues is very difficult to subdivide. At these prices central is definitely looking the more attractive option although with sleepout, H&I / MHU builds and development strategies South is still reasonable cashflow.
            Lol thanks, I feel very happy with my 4% yield in Te Atatu Peninsula now!

Comment

Originally posted by AMR View Post
              ICBC 12 month fixed is 4.85%. Similar to BNZ?
              You should get 4.7% with BNZ for 12 months, and 4.6 to 4.69% for 2 years with BNZ.

Comment

No.
                You asked if we thought it was 12 O'clock.
                I said No, I didn't think it was.

Comment

You asked if we thought it was 12 O'clock.
                  I said No, I didn't think it was.
                  Haha yeah I was just joking.

Olly hasn't said anything about it so I'm jumping the gun hehe.

Comment

No.

Foreign Chinese investors don't buy in urban South.

They buy either in Northshore/Central/East good suburbs with good school zones, or they buy sub-dividable potential rural land.

They don't buy Manurewa etc.
                    I'm told they are out west now too and have been for a while it seems. Of course the west is the best so they were going to catch on eventually.

Not just New Lynn but definitely Glen Eden as well.
                    “Our favorite holding period is forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by donthatetheplayer View Post
                      I'm told they are out west now too and have been for a while it seems. Of course the west is the best so they were going to catch on eventually.

Not just New Lynn but definitely Glen Eden as well.
                      Local chinese have been buying up west since 2013. That's when they started to ask about New Lynn and stuff. 2014 was more about Massey/Te Atatu South etc, and those areas have gone up heaps.

Now it's South auckland and beyond!

Comment

Now it's South auckland and beyond!
                        Next stop Ngaruawahia. Some lovely big landed properties down there!!
                        “Our favorite holding period is forever.”

Comment

The RBNZ Auckland investors rule will be 60% LVR next year I reckon.

Comment

The RBNZ Auckland investors rule will be 60% LVR next year I reckon.
                            That will just wipe out the local investors and help the foreign cash rich investors even more.

Comment

That will just wipe out the local investors and help the foreign cash rich investors even more.
                              That is for the Govt to concern itself with, not the RBNZ.

Comment

Working...
                              X