Neighbours just trimmed my tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours just trimmed my tree

Neighbours just cut a big branch off my tree...without asking...then left the branch and all its trimmings on my front lawn...about two trailer loads... Don't know what to make of it.

Usually polite to discuss first but it is the law and their right to cut the tree, shrub, roots etc that are over the boundary line and return too you your green waste.
    Plan and invest wisely - You only get one life so make the most of it!

Comment

Oh really? Yeah...I would have thought polite to tell us but they never did seem to like us...

Comment

Neighbours can be so much fun :-(

Comment

Well, your tree was invading their "air" space.
          "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

I would have thought they would want the wood to burn in their fire that they use year round...it's from a blue gum tree! On to trademe it goes...anyone want some free firewood?

Comment

Originally posted by nicsa122 View Post
              I would have thought they would want the wood to burn in their fire that they use year round...it's from a blue gum tree! On to trademe it goes...anyone want some free firewood?
              Legally though they are meant to return it to the owner

Comment

Offer it to your neighbours as a gesture of good neighbourly will.

Here on the Kapiti Coast our council has taken it upon themselves to drop letters to homes that have tree species they believe now need permission from the council before pruning. In most cases this means you need resource consent (at a nice whooping fee) and you have to use their supplier too. What an ingenious way of coming up with a new revenue!

Did your neighbour put an invoice in your letter box? I wonder if that's allowed.

cheers,

Donna
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

..be aware of any midnight "chainsaw activity..." Trees are Great as long as they are in the right place...!!!

Comment

They probably learnt how to do that on here
                    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

I had a similar thing with a neighbour. They cut a big limb which was overhanging the fence then just threw the mess over the fence. Couldn't get to my compost bins for a week or so. They could have spoken to me. It would have been a problem as we could have done a tidier job.

Couple of months later the house went on the market. Was very tempted to cut their overhanging branches during their open home and throw the cuttings over then fence.

Next owner spoke to me about the tree and the problems it caused. I hired a cherry picker and removed the whole thing. Talking to people should be the first thing to do.

Comment

....my ex-neighbours were approached a number of times to remove many branches overhanging my property, which I offered to pay for and to remove all the detached limbs as well....they never responded to the offer....When they went on holiday just ripped in' and removed masses of branches and reduced the heights of the offending trees..... some neighbours are just rubbish....!!!

Comment

Wow, I didn't know you could legally just throw the trimmings back over to the owner to sort out, haha, all these years I've been it the hard way . Unfortunately i think my conscious would stop me from doing it anyway.

Comment

My neighbor tree is about to reach my balcony. The tree is quite high for me to cut, and even if i can ,, his garden is quite small to throw the trimmings.

Comment

Oops one of my managed properties has a house next door all shrink wrapped undergoing a reclad. When the scaffolding went up before the shrinkwrap I was contacted to ask if the mature china doll trees could be trimmed as they would impose on the plastic wrap. I consulted the owners who said no, passed that on.
                              Was there this week and someone had cut branches off the neighbours side of the boundary and the cuttings (big branches) were on the ground on our side.
                              I picked up the branches and threw them over the fence onto the scaffolding planks and path. Better go check see if they have been chucked back over again.

Comment

Working...
                              X