Minor dwelling in south auckland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi aay,

I also live in Henderson and plan on doing a minor dwelling. Could you please give me some advice and recommend a good building company? Thanks.

Comment

Very helpful indeed.

does anyone know anything about fuzo at all?

Comment

Yes, I'm Fuzo's client in 3 projects

Comment

Nice how has your experience been so far, I have a meeting with them in 2 days and am looking for reviews and someone going through the process with them and also prices. can you shed some light on this at al

Comment

So far very good. One is almost complete, another two are waiting for building consents.

Comment

Hi I need a 60m2 or thereabouts minor dwelling to relocate if anyone has something available please message thanks alot

Comment

Now this is a minor dwelling!

Comment

Does minor dwelling have to be at the back of the main house? Or it can be build in front of main house.
                  my house is sitting at 688 m2 land in te atatu south.
                  Got space in front so just wonder whether it could be build in front ?

Comment

Talk to your council. It can be built anywhere on the property it just has to comply with a raft of council rules.

Comment

MD Company?

Originally posted by aay View Post
                      Some good info here! I'm just finishing up a minor dwelling in Henderson, and plan on doing 2 other minor dwellings in Henderson this year. By the way, watercare fees are $12800! I know it's insane. I find minor dwellings to be quite good because now a newly built 2 bedroom minor dwelling in Henderson can be rented out for $400, so that's ~$20,000 a year at $110,000 cost to build, that's a return of ~17%
                      Mind sharing who you use to achieve builds for $110k? I'm currently working with Fuzo and their turnkey prices are about 100-140k more than that

Comment

Hi there, I am looking at putting a minor dwelling on the back of a property in Manurewa, and also some Reno work on the existing house. Can anyone recommend a company that could do both?

Comment

Hi I am looking at putting minor dwelling out the back of my property in massey 990sqm, Does anyone know what a minor would rent for 2 or 3 bedroom. I believe there is minimum car park requirements. I am also on a flood plain so could be an issue. Have engaged keith hay homes and sentinel so waiting to hear back from planner. Pays to ring around some places want a down payment just to look into it. Keith hay will look into it and see what council require before you need to pay anything.

Comment

Flood plain most likely will be a problem - not sure if there are ways around. When I was looking for a property I just avoided those that had flood plain/flood path because that's the first thing that AKL council planner will check when you ask them.

There are several requirements including car park and outdoor space - check Waitakere district plan.

One of the costs that varies a lot is stormwater and wastewater configuration.

Also I wonder if you have considered subdividing the property?

Comment

Everyone I have called has said it shouldn't be an issue it will possibly just need to be on piles. I'm not sure if I can sub-divide council website is frustrating at best of times what is the minimum size requirement in massey for sub division? It's my first home have just finished full renovation so just looking at the next step... Buy out of Auckland or place a monor out the back or......sub divide if possible

Comment

Originally posted by Tulson01 View Post
                                Everyone I have called has said it shouldn't be an issue it will possibly just need to be on piles. I'm not sure if I can sub-divide council website is frustrating at best of times what is the minimum size requirement in massey for sub division? It's my first home have just finished full renovation so just looking at the next step... Buy out of Auckland or place a monor out the back or......sub divide if possible
                                Discuss it with the council planners in the 1st instance.

Comment

Working...
                                X