Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it not obvious Mr Key!? CHARGE A STAMP DUTY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eri View Post
    given a choice between
    lots of migrants arriving
    - with nothing, (not even an education) and going straight on benefits and into state houses...refugees arriving in euro etc
    or
    migrants arriving with millions that they pump into the local economy buying mouldering old villas + bungalows
    which would you have?
    Is NEITHER an available option?
    Last edited by Perry; 20-05-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Correct Perry.
      That would be my option.

I find it strange how some people believe the way to make a country prosperous is by selling existing houses to people who have just stepped off the plane.

Comment

All the jobs aren't in Auckland and there are plenty of affordable homes outside of Auckland.

Comment

The 'new' jobs are pretty much just in Auckland. When you do a search on SEEK - you'll find Auckland has nearly twice the number jobs than all the other major cities combined.

cheers,

donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
            The 'new' jobs are pretty much just in Auckland. When you do a search on SEEK - you'll find Auckland has nearly twice the number jobs than all the other major cities combined.

cheers,

donna
            And loads more people as well. And the xtra dollars required to fund a home in Auckland are hardly offset by the slight increase in wages. Its a choice some people need to make and live with.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
              Is NEITHER an available option?
              seems not

but BOTH certainly is

A call from NZ First leader Winston Peters to greatly increase the number of refugees who are allowed to settle here has been echoed by Race Relations Commissioner Dame Susan Devoy.

Mr Peters, who is well known for his opposition to current immigration levels, believes New Zealand's refugee quote should be increased by at least a third.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11451791
              Last edited by eri; 20-05-2015, 05:09 PM.
              have you defeated them?
              your demons

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post

cheers,

donna
                Maybe we are finally seeing a large number of baby boomers retiring, and we need immigrants/locals to replace them.

Hence the high immigration figure!

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                  I find it strange how some people believe the way to make a country prosperous is by selling existing houses to people who have just stepped off the plane.
                  Interesting thought.
                  If I make widgets in my garage and export them to China and make $1 million, is that a good thing?
                  I end up with $1 million in my account which came from China.
                  If a Chinese man jumps off a plane and buys my $1 million house in Auckland with his cash, you say that's not a good thing?
                  I still end up with $1 million in my account which came from China.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
                    Interesting thought.
                    Good on ya Bob.
                    Keep on with that thinking thing.
                    I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
                      Mr Peters, who is well known for his opposition to current immigration levels, believes New Zealand's refugee quote should be increased by at least a third.
                      Yes eri, you are very wise to appreciate that Winston will be the leader in immigration reform after 2017.

I have little doubt he and his increased team will be a major force in the next Govt.

Comment

Good on ya Bob.
                        Keep on with that thinking thing.
                        I'm sure you'll get there in the end.
                        Well, I'm currently thinking you're got a few screws loose.
                        I think someone once called you a troll.
                        Do you think you can show us some of your wisdom?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
                          Do you think you can show us some of your wisdom?
                          It would be wise to allocate more resources to stop these abhorrent practices which are being imported into our country.

Police get guidelines on investigating forced marriages
                          Police have been put on alert to look out for the "emerging problem" of forced and underage marriages among immigrant communities.
                          Shila Nair, of Shakti, an organisation that supports women and children of Asian, African and Middle Eastern origin who are victims of violence, said it had been aware of arranged marriages in New Zealand for the past few years.

These included forced marriage, dowry abuse, honour-based violence threats, underage marriages, and woman brought to New Zealand for arranged marriages but then abused and abandoned.
                          She knew of cases where people had been brought from India to marry and arrived to find their role was one of domestic or sexual servitude, or to be a source of dowry money.

"I'm aware of some cases where the passport of the bride is confiscated, for example by the in-laws, as a security that she will not open her mouth.

I'm also aware of some cases where there have been threats that 'we will send you back home to your parents' – and that's an even bigger [source of] shame."
                          Last edited by speights boy; 24-05-2015, 06:08 AM.

Comment

I wonder how we could fund investigations such as these, or......... increased transport expenditure or what about the governments fancy new crown land scheme?
                            I wonder where we could get the money from for that!?

The net flow of people coming to live in New Zealand will peak next month at nearly five times the long-term average - adding more fuel to the Auckland housing market.

Comment

It would be wise to allocate more resources to stop these abhorrent practices which are being imported into our country.

Police get guidelines on investigating forced marriages

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...rced-marriages
                              You racist SB.

That is their culture and they are entitled to do what they like as long as it's part of their culture.
                              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Did adding GST made food cheaper?

So what does adding stamp duty on property do?

Comment

Working...
                                X