Property Tutors - Worth doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dissagre with bob kane.
    It depends.. If one is a Trader and wants to turn the property over fast then work is often required.

If it is a long term investment then it's different story.
    New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
    FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
    CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Comment

I think both are true it depends on the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by andyp2010 View Post
        My thoughts were if the markets going up, renovations will cost roughly the same but the increase in value, paper money return on investment, is potentially greater.
        That's what tradesmen will tell you. And he's getting paid while you take the risk.

Comment

With serious do ups they are selling for almost renovated price so not worth doing renovations in Auckland.

Comment

In the past cycles it has seemed to me that the property seminars etc are most active just before the fall.

Comment

I don't know who else is running seminars - I know PropertyTutors have ran their event at the same time every year for years.

cheers,

donna
              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

I recently heard from a couple of very successful long term property investors at the WPIA meeting and they both said that just before the last property crash there were loads of companies setting up these conferences/mentoring sessions etc.

I have noticed a lot of companies not just Property Tutors advertising on TV, Internet and radio. Seems to me like these companies make their "big coin" around this time in the market when everyone is super excited about it and want to follow the band wagon into PI. It reminded me of when the Gold prices were hitting new highs a few years ago, the media reports were just fuelling the fire even more.

I would suggest like may others have got read some books talk to people at your local PIA (and sign up), as this is a lot cheaper and will tell you the whole truth not just the "look at me with my nice cars, boats massive wad of cash and huge cock etc etc"
                Last edited by donna; 17-08-2015, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                  I don't know who else is running seminars - I know PropertyTutors have ran their event at the same time every year for years.

cheers,

donna
                  Property Tutors have yet to experience going from a boom to a recession.

I remember attending one of their first seminars in their Newmarket office back in maybe 2009, and Don Ha was there as well. Let's just say the seminar was very amateur back then.

Comment

Do you think there is some confusion between a mentor and a teacher? My interpretation of a mentor is they're not primarily engaged to teach you how to do the basics and once that's done you leave their service. Training is a component if it's a strategy that's not that commonly known or easily learnt.

However a mentor's service really begins when they are guiding you during your application of a task (i.e. applying what you know). I agree if you want to learn how to invest in property - you're best to read books, geez spend lots of time on here, and join your local PIA and join 'training' programs.

However if your goal is to be advised during your property investing and thus leverage off someone who knows more than you do, is more successful and has made mistakes you can avoid then get a mentor.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

• I personally prefer Ron Hoy Fong's coaching approach.

Ie he doesn't sit behind a desk and talk to you over the phone (ie mentoring), but rather show you the properties you are interested buying, and teach you on the ground.

Comment

• Not sure if there are property mentors who just sit behind a desk - I suppose there are - but I agree I too would want one willing to be at the properties etc.

cheers,

donna

Comment

• Originally posted by donna View Post
                          Not sure if there are property mentors who just sit behind a desk - I suppose there are - but I agree I too would want one willing to be at the properties etc.

cheers,

donna
                          Not just at the property, but by your side negotiating with agents, and also in front of tradies deciding what & where to renovate before & after settlement.

Comment

• That's a parent not a mentor Gary......

Comment

• Originally posted by soundslegit View Post
                              That's a parent not a mentor Gary......
                              Some investors need a 'parent'...

My mortgage broker told me a client asked him a question:

"what is the interest difference in a year, between a principal & interest loan, and interest only loan? How much will I save by going principal & interest?"

Go figure huh...

Comment

• Hahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X