Nasty tenant. please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty tenant. please help

Tenant called and abused me claiming that I was overcharging him for water. Offered him a copy of the bill. He was not ingested in it...because he claims to have had lower bills in the past.

Again uses some pretty colourful language to me claiming that I have not lodged the bond with the tribunal. Offered to send him the letter of proof. Again not interested in seeing it...claims that the tribunal should have sent him one.

Just getting sick of him and his non sense.

His rent has not come in today when it is due.

What would you do next...if you were in my place?

What is your objective - do you want to keep this tenant or would you rather he was gone?
    Is the tenant on Fixed Term Tenancy or Periodic?
    Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by aaronr89 View Post
      What would you do next...if you were in my place?
      I'd get rid of him soonest (and legally)
      Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
      Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
      May 2012

Comment

If timing permits.

a) rent increase by 25%
        b) termination by notification

www.3888444.co.nz
        Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
          If timing permits.

a) rent increase by 25%
          b) termination by notification
          Keys, would you mind expanding on b)

Could you provide a link to some information regarding "termination by notification"

Are you referring to the normal procedure where the landlord gives 90 days notice to end the tenancy?

Shane
          Last edited by Shane D; 10-03-2015, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by revdev View Post
            What is your objective - do you want to keep this tenant or would you rather he was gone?
            Is the tenant on Fixed Term Tenancy or Periodic?
            I want too get rid of him tbh. He is on Periodic.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronr89 View Post
              I want too get rid of him tbh. He is on Periodic.
              The do what Keys said. Rent increase60 days notice and termination 90 days notice. Include in the 90 day notice something like 'or earlier if determined by the Tenancy Tribunal'.

I think .... others will advise .... that you can apply to the TT once rent is overdue to get the application in the system but termination by the TT will depend on 21 days rent arrears. Other things being equal.

Comment

If he must go, then do the 90 days notice asap and before you do anything else.

Once that notice has been served you may well find some other way to get him out earlier.
                If the other ways fail, the 90 days notice is then still quietly ticking away in the background.

However, if you try some other way of removal first, and that fails, then serving a 90 day notice at that point may be held to be retaliatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane D View Post
                  Are you referring to the normal procedure where the landlord gives 90 days notice to end the tenancy?

Shane
                  Yip (MAMC)

www.3888444.co.nz
                  Facebook Page

Comment

Have sent him a 90 days notice. Might also give him 60 days notice for a rental increase

Comment

The idea is to make them think about leaving earlier and giving 21 days notice to leave.
                      Which is why keys suggested 25%.
                      Problem solved quicker.

Comment

Yep...followed.. so ideally they will give me notice earlier.

Comment

Also send them 14 days notice for not paying the rent, and follow up on it.

Don't let him off lightly.

Comment

A 90 day termination notice (no reason given)
                            60 day rent increase notification
                            14 day notice to remedy (non-payment of rent)

That's a fully legal, full-court press if ever I heard one
                            You may not want to answer his next call
                            Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

For collecting keys and final inspection, best you go with camera for documentary evidence if needed and accompanied by witness, preferably burly (you just never know) and keep fingers crossed he hasnt trashed place in meantime

Who wants turbides like that for tenants? Good riddance!
                              Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
                              Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
                              May 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X