Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new property manager in Christchurch

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good property management company in Christchurch.

I have been using one of the big brand real estate companies but I'm not convinced I am getting the service I signed up for.

Case in point is that I offered them a newly refurbished property to put on their books at the start of last week. I signed the paperwork and left the key in a lockbox on the property for them to uplift. I stressed the need to get the property rented asap, yet as of last night the agent has still not uplifted the key or listed the property for rent. They said they were desperate for rentals, but their actions (or lack of) are not reflecting this.

At another property they already manage for me, the stove developed a faulty element last month. They did not contact me regarding this (which I requested they do) - instead they sent a sparky who charged $317 to replace the element. The oven is probably not even worth that much. On top of that the agent added their 10% + gst fee for organising the work, so a total cost of $353 for a stove element on a 20+yr old oven. I'm pretty sure I could have replaced the whole oven with a newer model for that price - if I had been made aware of the issue.

I'd also be interested to learn if anyone in Christchurch charges less than the standard 8% + gst, especially for multiple rentals (I have 5). I've looked on a few websites but the majority don't list their charges.

I have had a few managers over the years but always end up getting rid of them after a while. They talk the talk to get the business then the service levels go into freefall, yet they are still happy to charge like a wounded bull for inspections and "necessary maintenence/repairs". I just want to find one who will do what they promise. I'm happy to pay as long as my interests are being looked after.

G'day Simon,

I use Rentworks which is a small independent outfit. I find their service really good and they seem to have excellent tenant selection as I've never had any issue whatsoever. I think they're charge is 7.5%+gst but I'll have to check. They charge $40 for inspections.

+64 3-359 030
    [email protected]

There's n excuse for Chch properties sitting empty in this market, so good idea to change I'd say!
    Good luck

Originally posted by SimonW View Post
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can suggest a good property management company in Christchurch.

I have been using one of the big brand real estate companies but I'm not convinced I am getting the service I signed up for.

Case in point is that I offered them a newly refurbished property to put on their books at the start of last week. I signed the paperwork and left the key in a lockbox on the property for them to uplift. I stressed the need to get the property rented asap, yet as of last night the agent has still not uplifted the key or listed the property for rent. They said they were desperate for rentals, but their actions (or lack of) are not reflecting this.

At another property they already manage for me, the stove developed a faulty element last month. They did not contact me regarding this (which I requested they do) - instead they sent a sparky who charged $317 to replace the element. The oven is probably not even worth that much. On top of that the agent added their 10% + gst fee for organising the work, so a total cost of $353 for a stove element on a 20+yr old oven. I'm pretty sure I could have replaced the whole oven with a newer model for that price - if I had been made aware of the issue.

I'd also be interested to learn if anyone in Christchurch charges less than the standard 8% + gst, especially for multiple rentals (I have 5). I've looked on a few websites but the majority don't list their charges.

I have had a few managers over the years but always end up getting rid of them after a while. They talk the talk to get the business then the service levels go into freefall, yet they are still happy to charge like a wounded bull for inspections and "necessary maintenence/repairs". I just want to find one who will do what they promise. I'm happy to pay as long as my interests are being looked after.

Comment

I use Braziers and i'm happy with them. In the past i have used single man/woman outfits which did me very little benefit and a lot of hassle. Decided to go with a company with a bit more substantial staff to handle the work.

Comment

Hi
        You couldn't do better than Keys

Richard
        Last edited by richard56; 23-02-2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I second Richard's suggestion. Do have a search
          around the forum for testimonials and such.

Comment

Working...
          X