Adjournments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjournments

Ex tenants have requested and been given their 4th adjournment to our TT hearing. Our initial application was made in Oct, hearing is now scheduled for late March.

I have developed a good rapport with the court clerk these past few months (we have had numerous chats and emails back and forth) She suggested we write to the adjuicator stating our concern over the other partys "attempt to frustrate the process". Not sure what good if any it will do but it gives me something to add to our list of grievances against the other party.

We are seeking damages totalling $5K, very hard being patient and hoping we get some compensation when we finally get our application heard.

Question, is there a limit to the number of adjournments allowed? It seems very strange/coincidental that EVERY court date set thus far is a date that the tenants have a 'valid reason' for not attending, we arent allowed to know what those reasons are by the way, just get a letter saying a request has been made and accepted and new date is x ....

Originally posted by MamaBear View Post

...suggested we write to the adjuicator stating our concern over the other partys "attempt to frustrate the process".
    do this.........
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

Interesting, I've had a couple of these, but the Court Officials have always called or emailed me to make sure I am in agreement with the reason.

I have similarly been sick for one of them and unable to attend so needed the same reasoning applied.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaBear View Post
        Ex tenants have requested and been given their 4th adjournment to our TT hearing. Our initial application was made in Oct, hearing is now scheduled for late March.

I have developed a good rapport with the court clerk these past few months (we have had numerous chats and emails back and forth) She suggested we write to the adjuicator stating our concern over the other partys "attempt to frustrate the process". Not sure what good if any it will do but it gives me something to add to our list of grievances against the other party.

We are seeking damages totalling $5K, very hard being patient and hoping we get some compensation when we finally get our application heard.

Question, is there a limit to the number of adjournments allowed? It seems very strange/coincidental that EVERY court date set thus far is a date that the tenants have a 'valid reason' for not attending, we arent allowed to know what those reasons are by the way, just get a letter saying a request has been made and accepted and new date is x ....
        tenants can now just do telephone call to the court room so there's no need for there to be adjourments

Comment

Working...
        X