Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenancy Tribunal Order no longer there

A TT order seems to have disappeared

Towards the middle of last year a friend took his tenant to the TT for non payment of rent and won

Because he's even more of a dinosaur than myself...he doesn't have a computer..... I went online to check that the order had been published.

Trouble is it is now no longer there

What's going on?

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Is this a North Shore property Ahar? Try searching under Auckland - the supercity changes have meant that everything is lumped together now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahar View Post
      I went online to check that the order had been published.

Trouble is it is now no longer there
      Was it ever there?

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

A significant number of orders never make it to the web site.
        I have asked the adjudicator several times why. She claims she does them all unless asked to not publish it.
        I had one of significant public interest but that one never got to the site.
        In that case a GP misused her position and was reprimanded by the GP's association and the court.
        Something is either rather fishy or more likely hopelessly disorganised.

Comment

Friends in high places?

Comment

Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
            Friends in high places?
            Not sure about high places but it smelt like it.
            She presented an affidavit in court with GP across the top. When the GP chairman reported back to me they said it was all just an oversight.
            After being reprimanded she then filed an appeal at the district court but neither she nor her son would enter an oath and give evidence. Surprise her application was struck out.
            Again used her GP position but got away with it.
            One bad egg can cause a bit of a stink. When the chairman supports their own rotten members one wonders about the quality and integrity of the organisation.
            Obviously some people are more equal than others in our society and are not held accountable in publicly published web sites if you know which strings to pull.
            I enjoy seeing the $10 every week coming in from the greatly loved son. That will go on for a year or two.
            I just hope some other poor landlord is not also taken in by claimed superiority of a bad tenant with a GP for a mother.

Comment

On another thread I recall Keys asked for the reason for a decision not posted and was given one. Whether it was a good reason, I do not know.

I know of a case where the tenants asked for the decision not to be published and the adjudicator agreed. I wonder what would happen if the other party requests publication. Suspect that the adjudicator would take the path of least resistance, and / or the path less likely to end up in the media. If the TT has guidelines on publication, well they should publish them.

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                Was it ever there?
                Yes it was there....now it's not

The property is in the Coromandel....this makes me think

How sensitive is the database re the town given....I've tried Coromandel and the town

I've also tried searching under my friends name....as the LL I assume he'll also be there??

Still no joy

So where to from here?

A phone call perhaps to the friendly folk at TT?

Comment

I also quite often find they are not there. I dont think its that they are not loaded but more that the search function dosn't work properly.

Comment

Working...
                  X