No announcement yet.

What Do You Do When You Get There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to retire by the age of 45 (32 years old currently), and do lots more travel. Have only started investing in the last two and a bit years and purchased five properties and looking buy one more before Xmas. My goal was to get 10 properties in five years. Worked out that at that stage I would have about 1m in equity and have nice steady cash flow. Really need to sit down and work through those numbers again as that was a pipe dream of mine so trying to achieve it as really enjoy doing that than my normal 9-5 job in the city.

Comment

Buy 20 and sell ten when you want to retire. Job done and no debt

Comment

I think that seems like the logical thing to do for me Damap. Just finding it harder and harder to get good mortgagee deals and a year or two ago. Need to change a few things I do in regards to hunting out those deals.

Comment

.......but I do want to have enough money to quit my day job and do something else like travelling!
          I travel quite a bit.
          What is evident is that many many more people in the world have enough money to do likewise.
          As this trend increases, the finite areas of interest around the world become far more traveled.

The answer ?
          Do it sooner than you think you should, do your best to avoid the increasing crowds trying to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
            The answer ?
            Do it sooner than you think you should, do your best to avoid the increasing crowds trying to do the same.
            And do the less trodden now before they become popular.

Comment

The answer ?
              These are both examples of "The culture of ME" aren't they?

That is; It's important for ME to travel to these interesting places and see them before I die.

But of course the earth will still be spinning around the sun, the tides going in and out, the universe expanding etc. In other words I think it's just vanity to think it's important to personally go and touch the pyramids or whatever. Surely we don't have to experience everything individually? Surely it just can't be done?
              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                The internet, (bless its cotton socks), has made that both easier and therefore difficult.
                Last edited by speights boy; 11-12-2014, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                  These are both examples of "The culture of ME" aren't they?
                  Indeed it is, and it is one of the reasons I travel.
                  I want ME to meet people from other cultures and see how they live their life different to ME.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                    Indeed it is, and it is one of the reasons I travel.
                    I want ME to meet people from other cultures and see how they live their life different to ME.
                    ME too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

ME three

I have found seeing how others live (and interact with their environment) has made me appreciate my own piece of the world more.
                      Actually being there is different than what you see on TV, read in the news paper or see on youtube.

Comment

Exactly. Do not underestimate the memories that sounds and smells of a new place can have on you for years to come. Oh, and ME ME ME.

Comment

Even better, one can find that, under the skin,
                          the wants, needs, hopes and fears are almost
                          the same, most anywhere. Sobering, that.

Comment

short sighted
                            Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                            I find I have hardly any spare time!

You know how you look forward to the weekend, and all the things you will do? Like maybe a bit of DIY, maybe go to the beach, spend time with the kids, maybe catch up with some friends, do the shopping and so on?

And then the weekend comes and goes and you only got half of what you wanted to do done? It's like this, but all the time.

So I actively try to avoid getting too busy. I don't believe in goal setting, or that ambition is a good thing - any more - I used to. But those kinds of things just make me unhappy and too driven these days, so I just try to take each day as it comes.

I read something by Brene Brown: "Sometimes we confuse an ordinary life with a wasted life." I agree with this a lot. My new intention, if anything, is to live an ordinary life and be happy and content to do so.
                            Amen

I thought once I left the coalface I would become instantly happy - being "short sighted" quickly found out
                            it did not work that way.

For me it all comes back to Lincoln's quote of "You are as happy as you make up your mind to be"

and as touched upon, gratitude unlocks the heart.

Still think well worth doing property investment, as said puts you in the true drivers seat - freedom.

"As irrigators channel waters;
                            fletchers straighten arrows;
                            carpenters bend wood;
                            wise men shape their mind" Buddha

As for the corvette - "They like ...holes - everybody has one" - get yourself a muscle car
                            with class - could see you with your shades on cruising in a 64 - 66 muzzie"

"A code" on tardme for 35k bargain !
                            Last edited by iwik; 16-12-2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

A Ford? A FORD?
                              Only if you like pushing your muscle car around instead of driving it :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Damap View Post
                                A Ford? A FORD?
                                Only if you like pushing your muscle car around instead of driving it :-)
                                Henry was exporting cars to bandag when you were not even in your dads bag - nothing wrong
                                with Fords ! Especially 64-66 mustang - good reliable cars.

Even if she was sitting in the muzzie on a truck bed cause for some rare reason it had broken down - still look
                                cooler than a tacky try hard corvette (50's - 60' early 70's ok) 67 to 69 and 70 to 73 camaro's kool too.

Back on topic - don't make money "your god" Time the most precious commodity !

Comment

Working...
                                X