No announcement yet.

neighbour says he will only contribute if fence is 1.6M not 1.8M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only are there arguments regarding the height but also the thickness of the posts and rails used. Know someone that has ended up in Court fighting this one, sounds like his neighbour is very unreasonable as this person is usually fairly compliant and easy to deal with.
    You're correct Wayne, can look weak if you back down but better than looking like a twat I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Meehole View Post
      You're correct Wayne, can look weak if you back down but better than looking like a twat I reckon.
      I've always thought you look pragmatic - weak or strong seem like ego things to me.
      It's how wars start and continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
        I've always thought you look pragmatic - weak or strong seem like ego things to me.
        +1 ..........

Comment

Same happens in politics.
          So often you a party come out with something and the other party think
          'damn, that's what we were going to do. Now we will have to object to it'

Or they have an idea.
          Everyone hates it so they drop it - they're weak rather than listening to the people.
          Everyone hates it but they carry on - they're strong but idiots.

Comment

I am pragmatic, but I'm viewing it from a males perspective for the sake of advancing this conversation. To be honest I couldn't care less. I have had my property surveyed to make sure the fence goes on the boundary and that we can build our garage as close to it as is legally possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Meehole View Post
              I am pragmatic, but I'm viewing it from a males perspective for the sake of advancing this conversation. To be honest I couldn't care less. I have had my property surveyed to make sure the fence goes on the boundary and that we can build our garage as close to it as is legally possible.
              Some males!
              Finding the pegs is important these days if you want to build anything that requires a consent.
              The council inspector should want to see you have the relevant pegs in view to know you are putting the structure in the right place.

Comment

Some males!
                +1. I'm a male. He doesn't speak for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelNZ View Post
                  +1. I'm a male. He doesn't speak for me.
                  Well I'm a female and that's my perception of "alot" males, and hey nothing wrong with that I have a husband, ex husband and 2 adult sons so can speak from experience . Glad to hear neither of you fall into that category! MOST women don't normally concern themselves about these things unless they have a commercial or personal interest in doing so. The garage is usually a male domain, however this one may incorporate living above it, hence the necessity to ensure the boundaries are correctly defined. Fencing is also an issue as the site is covered in mature trees, all of which are on our side so our cost to remove....

Comment

I don't disagree with you Meehole.
                    As per all generalisations there are exceptions but unfortunately not enough of them.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelNZ View Post
                      Wow, an unfortunate and unsurprising consequence of inflating property prices. People get all precious and argumentative with their neighbors.

I suggest some people get together over a peace pipe.
                      In our sitution the property prices are dropping so the situation of a bit of land being out of sync for 40 years and replacing a fence in a new location that will probably end up cost more than the land it sits on. But yea some people are just a bit precious and the goal of our neighbour is to get us to sell cheap or drive us insane.

Some people simply can not be reasoned with.

Comment

Working...
                      X