Predictions for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apartmental View Post
    I predict that in 2015 we'll all have hoverboards and flying cars. Oh wait, was that some movie I saw...
    We already have hoverboards and flying cars......

Comment

Well they have fixed nothing Davo. Their entitlement, (pension) structure is/has bankrupted the nation. And it is too political suicide to address it. And it gets worse every year. The latest "trick" is to bankrupt a city so it debt disappears like they have just done in Detroit. Don't fix anything, don't change anything, just wave a wand over it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Damap View Post
        Well they have fixed nothing Davo. Their entitlement, (pension) structure is/has bankrupted the nation. And it is too political suicide to address it. And it gets worse every year. The latest "trick" is to bankrupt a city so it debt disappears like they have just done in Detroit. Don't fix anything, don't change anything, just wave a wand over it all.
        I agree but think that the delusion will continue for a few years yet
        You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Yes agree Drelly. I don't think it will be next year. They have to get the new President installed and allow enough time to pass to start blaming Obama for Americas woes first. Otherwise they would have to actually look at the real issues.

Comment

The revival of their (USA) Auto industry is due to sub-prime loans....and we know that can not be good. So no longer can they flog homes to those who clearly can not afford them - they now flog new cars to them instead. Go America!

cheers,

donna
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

If the growth is in retirement villages it can only be if those currently in their own homes want/need to sell. Over the last few years when house prices were down many couldn't and the growth slowed until the market picked up.
              In Tga there is now a surplus of retirement housing with many of the villages having mt's and advertising constantly.
              Ryman require people to be 70+ so that people are not there in the villages for long.
              They "win" when the new owner lasts 7 years or less. More than that and they lose.
              Tga is ahead of the game with villages and it is going to interesting to see how things progress in the next few years but I'd suggest that the resales are going to be tough. Main reason being that where villages were mainly in places like TGA they are going up all over the country now thus lessening the pressure on this area as people chose to remain where they have lived most of their lives.
              A pointer to this is the property prices on the main beach roads here. Still well below the 2007 prices and with diary in the doldrums those guys won't be buying up like normal.
              Our prices generally are still down despite a huge increase recently in people moving here.
              Not predicting any huge rise here next year, probably just a small one.
              From my observation there are lots of people flat out listing their homes at present. ( We hear this from our customers.) Mt and Papamoa have a huge list of open homes in this weeks paper. Town side not so much.
              Suspect that there are a quite a few wanting to sell and rebuild a la speccy's.
              Shortage of trades guys.
              Last edited by Viking; 22-11-2014, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                They "win" when the new owner lasts 7 years or less. More than that and they lose..
                Why is that? What happens after 7 years?

Comment

Less that 10% of the predictions
                  in this thread will eventuate.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                    If the growth is in retirement villages it can only be if those currently in their own homes want/need to sell. Over the last few years when house prices were down many couldn't and the growth slowed until the market picked up.
                    In Tga there is now a surplus of retirement housing with many of the villages having mt's and advertising constantly.
                    Ryman require people to be 70+ so that people are not there in the villages for long.
                    They "win" when the new owner lasts 7 years or less. More than that and they lose.
                    Tga is ahead of the game with villages and it is going to interesting to see how things progress in the next few years but I'd suggest that the resales are going to be tough. Main reason being that where villages were mainly in places like TGA they are going up all over the country now thus lessening the pressure on this area as people chose to remain where they have lived most of their lives.
                    A pointer to this is the property prices on the main beach roads here. Still well below the 2007 prices and with diary in the doldrums those guys won't be buying up like normal.
                    Our prices generally are still down despite a huge increase recently in people moving here.
                    Not predicting any huge rise here next year, probably just a small one.
                    From my observation there are lots of people flat out listing their homes at present. ( We hear this from our customers.) Mt and Papamoa have a huge list of open homes in this weeks paper. Town side not so much.
                    Suspect that there are a quite a few wanting to sell and rebuild a la speccy's.
                    Shortage of trades guys.

Still a shortage of well built around $400k properties in Papamoa

Comment

Perry I think they all will eventuate. Some of them will just be many years early or late, like Olly's famous bubble bursting....

Comment

Could be. Maybe I mis-read the thread title?
                        Predictions for 2015? Or made in 2015?

Comment

No your comment was correct in terms of the title. Everybody is a genius when you're guessing right?

Comment

I predict the Kiwi dollar will keep going up. With the US & now the ECB printing money flat stick along with other countries it must debase those currencies. I remember when Muldoon was in charge he expanded our money supply by heaps. We ended up with inflation at 12-14% plus & mortgage interest rates that reached 21%. Took a while for inflation & interest rate rises to come through but they did. We also had a booming property & sharemarket until the crunch came.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                              Because - despite plaints to the contrary - the RTA
                              is one horribly pro-tenant-biased piece of legislation.
                              To make it easier for the tenant to move to their next rental, maybe one of yours?

My prediction for 2015:
                              I will purchase (outright) a property for personal use.
                              Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 24-11-2014, 06:44 PM.

Comment

The Russian economy will continue to come under pressure.
                                Oil to fall further yet, plus sanctions pressure should be increased.

Oil price slide and sanctions 'cost Russia $140bn'
                                The falling oil price is costing Russia up to $100bn a year, while Western sanctions have hit the country by $40bn, its finance minister has said.
                                The currency has fallen by almost 30% against the dollar this year.

Russia's central bank had been spending billions in a bid to prop up the rouble, but said earlier this month that it would limit its intervention.
                                www.bbc.com/news/business-30174650

Comment

Working...
                                X