Useless Council Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useless Council Website

Has anyone been able to see their new valuations via the 'viewer' yet? I can see the map, but try zooming in and it freezes.

Mine crashes at the Search.

Comment

I was able to get the new valuations for all my properties, though I had to retry several times, and wait, wait, wait... The valuations are quite funny.

Comment

How are they funny? Too high? Already out of date?

Comment

Well, some are too high, some are too low.

Some examples:

- my unit in block of 2 was valued $25K higher than the other one, despite a) they are identical, b) being cross-lease with a piece of land in front, while the second unit is freehold, c) no sea views, while the second unit has some sea views, and elevated position, d) my purchase price was $10K lower than of the second unit (both were sold in the same month, 2 weeks apart)

- another unit, this one is in Mt.Wellington - private sale, two weeks ago I've negotiated $420K and finally decided to not buy it as it was not a good rental; now valued $485K. That's 3rd unit in a block of 4, no off-street parking (just one single garage), no backyard. Front unit in the block was converted from 2bdrm to 3bdrm and has a good sized front yard, north-facing and very sunny. The back unit also has 2 off-street parking (due to end of driveway). All the 4 units are valued at the same $485K. Wierd!

So, the numbers are much closer to current market values, but still not good...

Comment

Apparently the website crashed because to many people were doing like you guys

Comment

Personally for a long term holder who rents them out -these valuation increase are just another expense (rates)I could do without

Comment

I've got a email from QV - they provide access to the new values on any residential property in Auckland for free until December 19, 2014. Their web site doesn't seem to respond ))

Comment

It's free on the council site for ever, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by skid View Post
                    Personally for a long term holder who rents them out -these valuation increase are just another expense (rates)I could do without
                    Exactly! They are not a market valuation, they are just a revision of the basis on which the council will loot you next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
                      It's free on the council site for ever, isn't it?
                      QV is supposed to have better infrastructure, so when Auckland council site is down, QV helps...

Comment

I only partially agree with that. The revised valuations, although subject to issues as per above post, are much more closely aligned to market than they were, AND more importantly, reduce the disparity we were seeing. If rates are a tax on asset value, which plainly they are, then it isn't right that owners of central suburb property were paying disproportionately less than their share based on 2011 values. If some burbs have increased at a much faster level than others, then their share must increase. Likewise the opposite. Owners on Great Barrier were, in effect, subsidising owners in St Heliers.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                          Exactly! They are not a market valuation, they are just a revision of the basis on which the council will loot you next year.
                          You mean root ?

One of mine went up 55%

Comment

Although I don't own as many Auckland properties as others on this board, the new valuation for all my properties with the exception of the Millwater property matched my prediction. Regarding the Millwater property, I am surprised it wasn't valued higher even though I had taken desktop valuations around June this year for much more than what the new valuation came out to be.
                            www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                            # Property Management
                            # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Originally posted by ivanp View Post
                              QV is supposed to have better infrastructure, so when Auckland council site is down, QV helps...
                              Obviously not that much better

Comment

Working...
                              X