Awful Reserve Bank Video on Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awful Reserve Bank Video on Money

Has anyone else seen this? http://www.nzherald.co.nz/personal-f...ectid=11341713

The Reserve Bank has put out a video explaining what money is. They use the words "magic" and "invisible force". It's an embarrassing, incredibly dumbed-down way of explaining aspects of money that most people already understand intuitively. I think they also get it "wrong" when they state "$20 will always be worth $20" - a bit misleading to me, because as we know, $20 is only worth what you can buy with it and that does change. Worse, they use an example of someone who apparently wants to spend all their money on their car! Good financial management... not.
    Last edited by drelly; 15-10-2014, 11:44 AM.
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

I think the video was targeted for the financial illiterates, but I hope they air that on TV, otherwise don't expect the target audience to watch it on NZHerald...

Comment

I agree - very superficial and with
      a tendency to be misleading. Kids
      should only watch it under the super-
      vision of financially literate parents.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
        . . . . Kids should only watch it under the supervision of financially literate parents.
        And therein lies the problem, where are many kids going to find one of those ????

Comment

I agree it's a big problem, but not
          one many forumites have, eh?

Comment

Working...
          X