Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Hanging me up???

Oh I see .....I'm the one who said there was 44 coins

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......tedious....please try to come up with something entertaining rather than just stupid *cough*lolcat*cough*

Cheers
    Spaceman
    Last edited by donna; 20-10-2014, 02:22 PM. Reason: too many images loaded to propertytalk

Comment

Originally posted by spaceman View Post
      ^ Hanging me up???

Oh I see .....I'm the one who said there was 44 coins

Cheers
      Spaceman
      Did you know that those so called coins of yours are just stamped metal.
      The authority of the government and the law makes them functioning coins.
      You really need to have a think about what system records the true nature of the coin.

Then count it in that system.

Well, that about covers all the parts of your question. Thank you very much for asking it. I did enjoy thinking all the details through.
      I hope you'll come up with some more interesting questions for the forum to help you with in the future.
      Last edited by McDuck; 20-10-2014, 06:09 PM.

Comment

^ LOLZ help me???.....Ahhhhhh that's right I'm the one who said there was 44 coins....I forgot.

How could I have been so stupid as to say there were 44 coins.......man I hope I don't say anything as stupid as that again.

Wait...wut....lolz ....you're the one who said there was 44 coins.

Here's a question to help me.

Why did you say there were 44 coins????

Seems lolcats are banned .....but do try to come up with something entertaining.

Cheers
        Spaceman

Comment

=spaceman;347277Here's a question to help me.

Why did you say there were 44 coins????

Cheers
          Spaceman

A bank cashier will have many coins.
          There are many banks.
          The ten coins that went into the fist bank got thrown into the pile of cashiers coins.
          The customer who took out the first loan did not get any of the initial coins back.
          44 separate real coins were in play that day.

or

What if the bank melted a coin and reforged it, each time before it reissued it to the next customer.
          (Or sent it back to the mint for re-forging)
          Would you say that reissue was the same coin or a different coin?
          (Please show your working)... remember the atoms of metal are in a different configuration in the re-forged coin.

This reasoning even works with gold and silver coins, but my answer from my previous posts addresses your question on the most respectful level.
          Last edited by McDuck; 23-10-2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

^LOLZ

Nope ....you said there were extra coins......and they caused inflation......not that the 10 coins were added to a pile of existing coins.

Once again ..... why did you say there were 44 coins??

If as you're trying to say now, there were 44 separate real coins in play that day what happened to the magical extra coins that you claimed caused inflation???

Does that mean there are now 88 coins????....if so why did you say there were 10 that turned into 44 .....that somehow turned back into 10 again in another post

Do try to keep your story straight.

Cheers
            Spaceman

Comment

^LOLZ
              Once again .....
              Cheers
              Spaceman
              I've run my very clear explanations past a few other people, just to check that they make simple sense, and the consensus is that they do.
              Perhaps you don't have a full grasp of the words?
              What did you mean by the word "coin" exactly?

Comment

lolz... well colour me a dumbass .....i must have missed your very clear explanation

Would you mind re-posting it???

Cheers
                Spaceman

Comment

Donna asked about the future shape of the property market, and about possible micro prudential tools .

Our in depth familiarisation with the nuances of the banking system has given me an idea for a new effective tool for the reserve bank to apply.
                  The tool:
                  Pre approved loans should ideally have full interest charged against them at the moment of pre approval, regardless of weather the loan is actually taken out.
                  The reason for this is, at a house auction, that pre approved loan is driving the price of the houses up, even if it's never accepted as the final and highest bid by the vendor.

Since the pre approved bidder is using the money, and the pricing system of property is being affected by that money, the benefit of that work should be passed back to the bank shareholders and the banks depositors.

ps:
                  Originally posted by spaceman;
                  ...what happened to the magical extra coins? Spaceman
                  Didn't you say that you think all money comes out of thin air. If so, what exactly is your definition of magic?

Comment

^ so you do mind re-posting your very clear explanation

Why is that?

What about if I say pretty please with a cherry on top??

Cheers
                    Spaceman
                    Last edited by spaceman; 24-10-2014, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Why not just read the thread again Spaceman - come on it's time to now play fair and stop the rot.

cheers,

donna
                      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

^ LOLZ...... Because I honestly did miss it .....I can't see any answer to my question....let alone a very clear explanation

Cheers
                        Spaceman

Comment

^ so you do mind re-posting your very clear explanation?
                          Spaceman
                          Well I would , but, would I be posting the same explanation again?, or a totally new copy of a previous explanation?
                          By your own definition, a thing can only paly once in a scenario, so...technically, no, at least according to the rules of your own understanding, that can not happen.

You could go back and re read the pervious post, but I'm not sure that dots on your screen are my actual post, you are possibly reading a totally new different post that only resembles my post.

Begs the question really, where is my initial post, what form does it take, what are it's functioning attributes?
                          Come to think of it, those exact same questions could be asked of a coin in a financial system.
                          Last edited by McDuck; 24-10-2014, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McDuck View Post
                            Well I would , but, would I be posting the same explanation again?, or a totally new copy of a previous explanation?
                            By your own definition, a thing can only paly once in a scenario, so...technically, no, at least according to the rules of your own understanding, that can not happen.

You could go back and re read the pervious post, but I'm not sure that dots on your screen are my actual post, you are possibly reading a totally new different post that only resembles my post.

Begs the question really, where is my initial post, what form does it take, what are it's functioning attributes?
                            Come to think of it, those exact same questions could be asked of a coin in a financial system.
                            Its pretty straightforward spaceman- fractional reserve banking means the bank only has to have a fraction of the "actual money" supply on hand to pay back creditors. There coins, and there are "coins" - of the 44 lent, only 10 are real. If there was a bank run (ie, a panic for actual holding of money) the bank literally couldnt give out the coins they owed. Its a debt based system, based on the faith in the economy - nothing more. The real value is quite literally made up.

The reason for this is to allow manipulation of the money supply to encourage the economy to keep moving - if everyone saved their coins, there would be no investment or growth, on which the capitalism economy relies.

It is exactly this that caused the GFC - banks lending out money they didnt have to debtors with no chance of paying it back. It was a greedy buck pass maneuver through selling mortgages to investment groups. Fractional reserve is extremely dangerous, and unfortunately we're just setting up for a bigger bust cycle with investment bubbles backed by fantasy money; its the long game of musical chairs.

heh, lurk post.
                            Last edited by Etacovda; 26-10-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etacovda View Post

Its pretty straightforward spaceman.......
                              .......its the long game of musical chairs.
                              Spaceman has got some valid points, but most of them have no place in a practical landlord’s forum. Admittedly, knowing the finer details about how loans and banks and capital gains and inflation etc. all work, might help the cutting edge profiteer get one step ahead of the pack, but for the majority of players, a simple step by step practical guide will get you a lot further for a lot less effort.

That said, Spaceman’s strong stance has shown up another interesting (to me at least) possibility for the future. The idea:
                              Our money needs to change.:
                              Ideally, dollars and cents should be more honest about what they are. Or at least what the common working person thinks them to be.
                              Follow me on this.:

A dollar should ideally not be a solid number. A dollar should state itself as a fraction of the total amount of money in operation. Instead of “One Dollar”, the writing in the metal coin should say a fraction, like “one billionth of the total supply”.
                              It used to say something like a pound sterling silver, which mother nature regulated the total supply of , by the way she put the silver deep in the ground and the way she made some complicated metals like silver gold much rarer on the planet. Mother Nature is not swayed by politicians. Gravity will always pull down on a volume of silver with the same force… it will always be a pound.

In a nutshell, we need "Fractional money" to fight" Fractional reserve banking".
                              That way when the Govt or the Banks try to fiddle with the numbers… no problem.. you are still guaranteed your same place in the queue. It would realign the public idea of money with its actual behaviour.

PS money fiddling has taken a new face, it's immigration that's the real Govt money trick. It's a nice loop. Be happy to unravel it if you want.
                              Last edited by McDuck; 26-10-2014, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etacovda View Post
                                Its pretty straightforward spaceman- fractional reserve banking means the bank only has to have a fraction of the "actual money" supply on hand to pay back creditors. There coins, and there are "coins" - of the 44 lent, only 10 are real. If there was a bank run (ie, a panic for actual holding of money) the bank literally couldnt give out the coins they owed. Its a debt based system, based on the faith in the economy - nothing more. The real value is quite literally made up.

The reason for this is to allow manipulation of the money supply to encourage the economy to keep moving - if everyone saved their coins, there would be no investment or growth, on which the capitalism economy relies.

It is exactly this that caused the GFC - banks lending out money they didnt have to debtors with no chance of paying it back. It was a greedy buck pass maneuver through selling mortgages to investment groups. Fractional reserve is extremely dangerous, and unfortunately we're just setting up for a bigger bust cycle with investment bubbles backed by fantasy money; its the long game of musical chairs.

heh, lurk post.
                                Wow...awesome lurking ....I feel special to have such a post aimed at me.

I know how fractional reserve banking works....thanks .... I asked what the.....multiplier affect of factoring banking.....was.....any fool can plainly see that isn't fractional reserve banking at all.

As for McDucks tedious trolling..... clearly he knows not of what he speaks.

McDuck quite clearly said that there was 44 coins, when in fact there would only have been 10....no new coins were minted.

The term “Multiplier” is slightly misleading because while the total number of coins in circulation over this period is now, 9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2 = 44, these extra coins have caused inflation, so the paperboys money has less buying power.

He claims he's clearly explained why he said there were 44 coins when clearly there never was .....I'm obviously to stupid to see his explanation and he's too mean to post it for me again....do you think you can find where he posted the explanation of the why he said there were 44 coins and re-post for me????

It is exactly this that caused the GFC - banks lending out money they didnt have to debtor......

Banks don't lend money they don't have ....that would be fraud.

If fractional reserve banking is so extremely dangerous, would you care to have a stab at why it is practically universal????

Cheers
                                Spaceman......don't worry I won't be offended if it takes another 6 years for a response.
                                Last edited by spaceman; 26-10-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X