Rent increase Email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent increase Email

Is our copy of a rent increase email enough evidence if tenants say they hav'nt recieved it? (there has been no evidence it hasnt gone through,as you would normally get from the email provider.)

Why, why, why?

For the sake of an envelope and stamp you are now discussing the receipt (or otherwise) of an email.

Did you get, in writing, the tenants email address as a official address for service?

When we send those notices (the " official " ones) they go by email, text and hard copy via NZ Post.

Obviously, the tenant is now disputing the notification. How many days will you have lost if they are successful with their stand?

Good luck, while they supposedly need to prove non receipt it could be on you to prove receipt.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

Yes,the email is on the address for service.
      The tenant has'nt disputed this but have gone really quiet and they do have a habit of being a bit hard to deal with and said earlier they
      feel we were taking sides when a noise dispute came up with the former tenant next door some months ago.
      It may be pedantic ,but Im just trying to think ahead.
      I think they will take offense if the formal letter comes by post ,but if the email is not really good enough then that may be my only choice.

Disc. We of course have the dated email giving notice of rent increase (by the books) which can be printed out and the email address has been used for correspondence as well as address for service.

We are at a stage where the tenancy could go on without any hitches,but could also go the other direction if pushed.
      Last edited by skid; 03-10-2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Ah (MAMC).

www.3888444.co.nz
        Facebook Page

Comment

If you're using an ESP (email service provider) for your emails you'll be able to track receipt. You load up the letter as a document and insert the 'view document link' in your email so your tenant has to open it to read it (and you get the statistic that says their action happened).

cheers,

donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Good advice --Ill remember that.

Comment

It depends on your email software e.g. MS Outlook, you can request a “Delivery Receipt” and/or “Read Receipt” that stands as proof.

Comment

I have had emails which request that. I can tell my system to refrain from sending such a confirmation. If I can, others can.

www.3888444.co.nz
                Facebook Page

Comment

True, you can’t force anybody to read your paper mail, email, etc but you can prove the delivery.

Comment

I remember calling MBIE and email (as long as it is the same email address on the tenancy agreement) is a proper form of notification. You are not required to have a response for it to be 'proper'. Same with mail, tenants could say they have not received it but as long as you have taken a photo of you dropping the mail into the mailbox (or receipt of sending it) then that is sufficient for the tenancy tribunal.
                    www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                    # Property Management
                    # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
                      I have had emails which request that. I can tell my system to refrain from sending such a confirmation. If I can, others can.
                      but if they do send back the read receipt then you have it - nothing lost for trying.

Comment

Yip. (MAMC)

www.3888444.co.nz
                        Facebook Page

Comment

I tried for about an hour to figure out that receipt request on gmail (even googled) but no luck--I think it has to be a business acc.

Guess Ill have to try Donnas suggestion and see how that goes

Comment

Originally posted by skid View Post
                            I tried for about an hour to figure out that receipt request on gmail (even googled) but no luck--I think it has to be a business acc.
                            You could use the contactmonkey add-in for gmail and outlook (from contactmonkey.com). It gives the option of adding tracking to your emails. Free for up to tracking 100 emails per month - which should be good enough for most property investors.

It adds a little bar to your sent email message, when you click on it you see something like this.

Comment

Keys - what does the ETA
                              say about such things?

Comment

Working...
                              X