any one been to china?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
    Now you guys will understand why the Chinese want to come to NZ.
    because they have wrecked their country and want a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      because they have wrecked their country and want a new one?
      Well China has gone through a modern day 'Industrial Revolution' in the past 10-20 years, so I can understand why some want out.

I think your statement will apply well to South Africa too. The stories I have heard from South African colleagues aren't very nice regarding the crime.

Comment

did you know that chinese people cannot buy land in china only lease it

Comment

They don't buy apartments either it seems.
          A friend 'brought' an apartment on a 50yr lease.
          I asked her what happens after 50 years and she didn't know - no one has got that far yet!

Comment

I wonder what has happened to all the empty apartments that they built? I remember seeing a video a couple of years ago saying they had literally millions of them.
            You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

They have almost cities empty - they just buy and wait for the price to go up.
              Absolute speculation.
              "1 in 5 homes empty"

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
                did you know that chinese people cannot buy land in china only lease it
                Yeah, all residential/commercial property are leasehold with a 70 year lease period. The land price paid to local government at government auction is for the 70 year use rights.

There is no freehold land in China.

Comment

There is no freehold land in China.
                  Yet man, yet.

I reckon so many people 'owning' property in China will surely lead to actual freehold titles being issued at some point in the future.

Otherwise what will happen? They'll simply have to hand the property back? Or take out a new lease at some exorbitant price?
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

They don't buy apartments either it seems.
                    A friend 'brought' an apartment on a 50yr lease.
                    I asked her what happens after 50 years and she didn't know - no one has got that far yet!
                    In 50 years that apartment building will be worthless so you just 'walk away'.

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
                      I wonder what has happened to all the empty apartments that they built? I remember seeing a video a couple of years ago saying they had literally millions of them.
                      there are still thousands being built. every city has hundreds under construction, tower cranes everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                        Yet man, yet.

I reckon so many people 'owning' property in China will surely lead to actual freehold titles being issued at some point in the future.

Otherwise what will happen? They'll simply have to hand the property back? Or take out a new lease at some exorbitant price?

People who have the guns and tanks... mostly tanks, get to say who owns who ;-)

Real estate in spanish means crown's estate.

Comment

Originally posted by jimO View Post
                          there are still thousands being built. every city has hundreds under construction, tower cranes everywhere
                          China is the worlds biggest producer of steel and cement.

If other countries don't buy enough, the rest have to go somewhere...

Comment

China is the worlds biggest producer of steel and cement.

If other countries don't buy enough, the rest have to go somewhere...
                            We'll just park those raw materials over here in this building that we won't use.
                            Sensible?

Comment

We'll just park those raw materials over here in this building that we won't use.
                              Sensible?
                              Well... steel rust, concrete can go off with humidity... and last but not least, vandalism and theft...

Comment

Well... steel rust, concrete can go off with humidity... and last but not least, vandalism and theft...
                                Exactly - an economy built on waste.
                                Lots of output (building) doing nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X