A good way to find your nearest working class (or above) suburb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good way to find your nearest working class (or above) suburb

Basically any suburb with a strong party vote for National I believe is where the average working class or the wealthy live.

The others, on the other hand, are more likely to vote Labour... ie

Anyways that's just my observation.
    Last edited by PTILoveYou; 22-09-2014, 06:03 PM.

Ah yes Gary but party vote or candidate vote?

I'm in New Lynn electorate and that's David Cunliffe's electorate, so he wins it, but the party vote is well blue!
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Good point Davo

Party vote. I have changed the original post to reflect that.

Yes I have noticed the difference too, quite a few electorates are like that, party vote national, but candidate vote for labour!

The biggest benefactor is that Indian dude on NZF list. 29 votes for him for Mt Roskill, and now he's likely to get a 6 figure paycheck as a MP for NZF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
        The biggest benefactor is that Indian dude on NZF list. 29 votes for him for Mt Roskill, and now he's likely to get a 6 figure paycheck as a MP for NZF!
        What's wrong with that ?

PS: It was 607 votes, not 29.
        Last edited by speights boy; 22-09-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Not sure the point of all this. Rich people vote national only?
          Last edited by RHarris; 22-09-2014, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RHarris View Post
            Not sure the point of all this. Rich people vote national only?
            I would think so.

Mangere for example, has a heavy concentration of HNZ properties. Labour support in the area is also very high. You get my drift.

Comment

Hamilton has many suburbs and 2 electorates (Hamilton East and Hamilton West - novel eh).
              They both have strong National party and electorate vote so Hamilton is rich?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                They both have strong National party and electorate vote so Hamilton is rich?
                About to get less so, especially those dependant on high debt farmers spending up large.
                Fonterra announce forecast tomorrow.

Dairy drop 'catastrophic'
                Farmers and the wider agricultural industry are bracing for another deep cut to this season's dairy forecast.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                  About to get less so, especially those dependant on high debt farmers spending up large.
                  Fonterra announce forecast tomorrow.
                  Indeed - I expect the people of Nawton to put off the purchase of the new cars and forgo the overseas holidays.

Comment

Just saying it's pointless and mindless evaluation. People vote on policy not how much they have in the bank. Labour had majority vote in just 4 electorates in Auckland. All those suburbs have probably million dollar homes.

Comment

Exactly. Pointless and mindless. Owen Glenn is/was a Labour supporter and he's pretty well off. As is David Cunliffe himself. You're speaking utter tripe, Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
                        You're speaking utter tripe, Gary.
                        It's just an opinion, and half joke on the Labour party, what is your problem with your personal attacks?

Comment

didn't get the joke sorry.

Comment

How is it a personal attack. My opinion is that it's bollocks. Disagreeing with you doesn't constitute a "personal attack".

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
                              How is it a personal attack. My opinion is that it's bollocks. Disagreeing with you doesn't constitute a "personal attack".
                              Whatever .

Comment

Working...
                              X