Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do tenants create maintenance issues so quickly?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have had great tenants.

Found those who have owned / or already own a house know whats involved with costs associated in running a house! and treat house much better.

We've made one mistake renting to a family who have only ever rented .... omg. Every week something wrong. Something got broken. Oh sorry we put a hole in a wall. Oh sorry we've broken a window. Oh dear im not sure how that door got broken. The lights have blown. Why doesnt the dishwasher clean properly? Immediate neighbours to rental are good friends and they rang expressing concern over amount and frequency of visitors and loud parties ... we definitely earn our rent with that lot.

Never again. Ex pats or relocating families from now on in.

Comment

Cleese explains why extremely stupid people do not have the capability to realize how stupid they are. (excerpt from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8Afv3U_...
      have you defeated them?
      your demons

Comment

Originally posted by Ahar View Post
        I have a lady friend who gave up on having male flatmates because she found them to be just sooooo much trouble.

After several bad experiences she realised that the problem could be simply put as "the green eyed monster"
        I've had both male and female flatmates. Based on my own personal experience I've found either is just as likely (or not) to have toxic relationship issues going on. Her sentiment is as silly as claiming "women are gold diggers".

Originally posted by nicsa122 View Post
        I used to frequently have 'wwoofers' (people that would stay at your house for free board, meals included in exchange for working) and MAN did some of them take the piss. Like would just go and raid the fridge without asking, one ate 1 KILO of cheese in 2 days. Just ate cheese as it was. And if you had anything at all nice in the fridge, they would just help themselves to it; eating like kings at every meal- like I had hummus in the fridge when I had a wwoofer there once and she ate like half a tub of it on toast for breakfast.
        And... this reminds me of the time I had a profile up on a WWOOFING website. Was contacted by a lady who wanted me to go WWOOF at her place, do some IT work and do a whole lot of manual work as well (paining I think it was). Combined with this - her profile indicated she had some religiously motivated chips on her shoulder.

I quickly told her "no way". If she'd asked for one or the other, might have been ok, but to expect both was just plain greedy.

Originally posted by PC View Post
        Lefties you mean? Want all the goodies but someone else needs to do the work for it.
        Treat them with the total contempt they deserve!
        Sounds like some property investors - the sort whom come on here and ask how they can avoid/evade paying taxes. They want to partake of national infastructure but don't want to pay for it.

There's plenty of hypocritical right wingers in society (lot's of them vote National) who on the take. Let's see:

- Working for families
        - National super
        - Corporate welfare
        - Finance company guarantees (absolutely disgraceful!)
        - Landlords with tenants in receipt of the accommodation benefit

One of the biggest problems is these sort seem totally oblivious to the reality that they would be in the same boat as those who they despise (and claim to be above) if it weren't for the same big government and welfare system they claim to be opposed to.
        Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 23-11-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X