Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please tell me what is your opinion here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kreische View Post
    oooowww, I'm sorry am I missing something here? what do you meant by copyright inf ?
    playing Happy on loop for a commercial enterprise (unless you have paid for the rights to use it, in which case I apologise)

Comment

...and we'll listen to customers in regards to what they want.
      Hi Kreische
      I thought of something that Mark Zuckerburg stuck to with facebook - not necessarily giving customers what they ask for, but knowing what they really want, before they even think to ask for it. Steve Jobs gave a similar vision to Apple too.
      That's where you find true value.
      Good luck!
      Brent

-----
      Phillips Independent Ltd
      Quick & Easy LIM Reports at your Fingertips

Comment

Originally posted by Brentpnz View Post
        Hi Kreische
        I thought of something that Mark Zuckerburg stuck to with facebook - not necessarily giving customers what they ask for, but knowing what they really want, before they even think to ask for it. Steve Jobs gave a similar vision to Apple too.
        That's where you find true value.
        Good luck!
        Brent

-----
        Phillips Independent Ltd
        Quick & Easy LIM Reports at your Fingertips
        Got it !

Thank you

Comment

PropertyTalk gets up to 10,000 visits a day (NZ traffic) but we don't pay for traffic it's organic and we've been around a long time. As said by others in this discussion - it's tough retaining repeat traffic and that's what you need. It's easy to buy traffic but very expensive - think wheedle.

Another example is RealEstate.co.nz. They are advertising heavily right now so they'll be getting more traffic - however they don't have anything to 'keep the traffic' coming back so they have to keep spending up big. Whereas TradeMe does - they have constant repeat visitors - so it's always going to be an easier sell for them - e.g. they just need to keep the Agencies happy - and their biggest selling point to the agencies is of course their constant high levels of visitor traffic. It's a no brainer in the long run.

Good luck with your site kreiche.

cheers,

Donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

I would personally look at the site its self, although looking flash and hip may appeal to the eye the reality is that masses of people use the fast simplistic sites. This is far to slow atm to manage any sort of decent traffic to work, its twice the time to load as sites like trademe and Property talk and considering its under no load its surprising.
            How does the site perform under mobile device browsers ?

Comment

Nice pics on front page but I struggled to read the text - too distracting.

Comment

I speculate that English is not your mother tongue. Even if I'm wrong,
                do get someone to proof read your e-publications of any sort. Having
                bad grammar and spelling is a turn-off.

We have come a long now, and we are very close from launching rentorsell.co.nz. We have a one time only offer for those interested in pre list our website with some of your properties, we'll also be giving you a temporally early access to the website! So please if you are interest feel free to give me a call anytime or just simple add me on Skype!
                We have come a long way now, and we are very close to launching rentorsell.co.nz. We have a one time only offer for those interested in pre listing their properties on our website. We'll also be giving you temporary early access to the website! So please if you are interested, feel free to give me a call any time, or just simply add me on Skype!
                Last edited by Perry; 25-09-2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Kreische - I think you need to be realistic. The website uses a template that I can buy for less than $100, adapt it to my needs and offer the same services within a week. You're going to need a ton of money and some very convincing sales people to make this a truly nationwide website. But before you do that, fix all the broken links!
                  You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    I speculate that English is not your mother tongue. Even if I'm wrong,
                    do get someone to proof read your e-publications of any sort. Having
                    bad grammar and spelling is a turn-off.

We have come a long way now, and we are very close to launching rentorsell.co.nz. We have a one time only offer for those interested in pre listing their properties on our website. We'll also be giving you temporary early access to the website! So please if you are interested, feel free to give me a call any time, or just simply add me on Skype!
                    Hi and thanks for your feedback,
                    The info above was initially a draft and it has been sent accidentally, without having the grammar checked.
                    We'll do our best, so that it does not happen again.

In regards being a turn off, I appreciate your opinion but I strongly disagree with you, everyone has the right to get it wrong, Bill Gates got it wrong on his presentation of windows 98 !! And still Microsoft became the largest software company in the world !

“Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.” - Jon Bon Jovi

Regards

Comment

It's your call. Grammar and spelling errors indicate a lack
                      of professionalism. One does not get a second chance to
                      make a first impression. Gatesby did not START with win-
                      doze 98 and then become whatever. You are starting out.

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
                        Kreische - I think you need to be realistic. The website uses a template that I can buy for less than $100, adapt it to my needs and offer the same services within a week. You're going to need a ton of money and some very convincing sales people to make this a truly nationwide website. But before you do that, fix all the broken links!
                        Hello Drelly,

Thank you for your feedback, oh and thanks for letting Alistair know about it too, now in regards what you can do in a week I am not sure, and honestly I am not interested to know!
                        What I am sure on the other hand, is what we have accomplished so far, we spent over 6 months customizing and integrating our website with a small team, and we are very proud of what we have achieved so far!
                        I find your comment a bit "intriguing" in a way, as I believe that you might be misjudging us. I have a feeling that you must like monopoly, or perhaps work for one of the current monopoly's out there.

It's totally fine to criticize our website, and I'm happy when people do because it helps us to do better, now I might be wrong here, but I believe that you were not just criticizing us. Like I said we spent over 6 months and a lot of hard work, in many different aspects of the website.

Rent or Sell was created, design and developed to give agents a choice, not just a choice of another real estate portal, but a choice of a much more clever real estate portal, and a new way for agents to communicate with their customers.

Regards
                        Last edited by kreische; 27-09-2014, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                          PropertyTalk gets up to 10,000 visits a day (NZ traffic) but we don't pay for traffic it's organic and we've been around a long time. As said by others in this discussion - it's tough retaining repeat traffic and that's what you need. It's easy to buy traffic but very expensive - think wheedle.

Another example is RealEstate.co.nz. They are advertising heavily right now so they'll be getting more traffic - however they don't have anything to 'keep the traffic' coming back so they have to keep spending up big. Whereas TradeMe does - they have constant repeat visitors - so it's always going to be an easier sell for them - e.g. they just need to keep the Agencies happy - and their biggest selling point to the agencies is of course their constant high levels of visitor traffic. It's a no brainer in the long run.

Good luck with your site kreiche.

cheers,

Donna
                          Hi Donna

Thank you very much for your feedback, we'll not be buying traffic, we're bending more like towards "clever, simple and effective marketing"

Regards

Comment

Thank you for your feedback, oh and thanks for letting Alistair know about it too, now in regards what you can do in a week I am not sure, and honestly I am not interested to know!
                            What I am sure on the other hand, is what we have accomplished so far, we spent over 6 months customizing and integrating our website with a small team, and we are very proud of what we have achieved so far!
                            I find your comment a bit "intriguing" in a way, as I believe that you might be misjudging us. I have a feeling that you must like monopoly, or perhaps work for one of the current monopoly's out there.

It's totally fine to criticize our website, and I'm happy when people do because it helps us to do better, now I might be wrong here, but I believe that you were not just criticizing us. Like I said we spent over 6 months and a lot of hard work, in many different aspects of the website.

Rent or Sell was created, design and developed to give agents a choice, not just a choice of another real estate portal, but a choice of a much more clever real estate portal, and a new way for agents to communicate with their customers.
                            Firstly, I don't work for or contract to any big real estate companies. If you're referring to Alistair Helm, I'm sure he or anyone else could figure out easily enough what template you used. And, I wasn't criticizing the website either. It looks good but you shouldn't have launched it without at least doing a test to see if you had any broken links. They are still broken by the way. We've built websites like this before (from scratch, not using a theme) and they are really difficult to make successful. I've seen many, many website launched who intended to compete with TradeMe or another big site and they just can't get enough traction to become viable. Currently, you have a grand total of 10 property listings for the entire country, so you know what I mean. One of the main issues you will find is that agents will not spend time uploading to your site as well as TradeMe. If you don't have an automated system to integrate with their existing software, then you're pushing the proverbial uphill.
                            You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
                              Firstly, I don't work for or contract to any big real estate companies. If you're referring to Alistair Helm, I'm sure he or anyone else could figure out easily enough what template you used. And, I wasn't criticizing the website either. It looks good but you shouldn't have launched it without at least doing a test to see if you had any broken links. They are still broken by the way. We've built websites like this before (from scratch, not using a theme) and they are really difficult to make successful. I've seen many, many website launched who intended to compete with TradeMe or another big site and they just can't get enough traction to become viable. Currently, you have a grand total of 10 property listings for the entire country, so you know what I mean. One of the main issues you will find is that agents will not spend time uploading to your site as well as TradeMe. If you don't have an automated system to integrate with their existing software, then you're pushing the proverbial uphill.
                              Right, please allow me to clarify a couple of things, one, we have not yet officially launched, yes I've removed the countdown so that we can fully test everything and get feedback from agents and users which we did and have now implemented new features/changes to make it even better! And two, I'm fully aware of broken links, we are still adding helpful content for users and therefore setting up pages and links!
                              And yes we'll be automating this website with all real estate companies in the country!
                              We'll hopefully officially launch by the end of this upcoming week! Please check back once we do.

I am aware of the upcoming challenges I have ahead of me and I'm excited about it. Life without challenges would be a boring a life.

Regards

Comment

let us know when you launch then we'll look.

Comment

Working...
                                X