No announcement yet.

Regional Towns Worth Investing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should buy in Whangarei... I hear there is a big new spy base being built just outside town
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by Meehole View Post
      Do you think that there have been a lot people move there from ChCh with insurance money?
      There has been a few. I think both us and Ashburton have benefitted and no doubt a few landlords have brought properties here as well we've had some post quake migration but not to the same degree as towns closer to CHCH. The rental market has been pretty good for the past couple of years and some is a result of people finding it hard to find a place to rent in CHCH.

Sorry, didn't mean to sidetrack the original conversation from North Island towns.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
        You should buy in Whangarei... I hear there is a big new spy base being built just outside town
        I hear it's been there for years.....

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
          I hear it's been there for years.....
          Damn have never spotted a James Bond or Jason Bourne type bloke walking around the maino when I have been up there. Might have to look harder.....

Comment

It's interesting to see opinions of towns/areas across NZ.
            I've seen Pukekohe take off in the past few years, with that now flowing on to nearby Tuakau and Pokeno. So long as commuting to Auckland is affordable, it seems that these satellite towns will be in demand. But what happens when petrol rises towards $3 per litre or more?
            If you're looking at long term investing, then such 'peak oil' effects are worth considering.

A small step to make it easier to invest in areas away from your home is to have the local Council LIM report sourced for you.

Brent
            -----
            Phillips Independent Ltd
            Quick & easy LIM reports at your fingertips
            Last edited by revdev; 30-03-2015, 07:21 AM. Reason: removed commercial aspect

Comment

? why wouldn't you just go direct to Council for a LIM?

Comment

Cromwell.

Queenstown Lakes property is at Auckland price levels and Wanaka not far behind - residential, commercial, and industrial.

Cromwell lies at a road junction leading north to Christchurch, east to Dunedin (and Alexandra nearby), north-west to Wanaka where the road ends, and west to Queenstown. The town is ideally placed and industrial sections boomed about 8 years ago.

Workers cannot afford Queenstown but have a chance in Cromwell and thus there is a regular bus service,

It isn't cheap by SI standards but has become a service town and I can't see it going backwards.

Comment

Hi Maccachic
                  We've found that some people are just too busy to bother with Councils themselves, particularly in areas of NZ where they aren't familiar.
                  In these cases, we're here to make it easier. We only need to property address to process the LIM report order; we source the property's legal description, certificate of title etc.
                  I know there's many people who are happy to work it out themselves and that's fine too.

Cheers
                  Brent

-----
                  PhillipsIndependent.co.nz

Comment

We have a rental property in Feilding. Owned just the past year and a half.

A stable and relatively prosperous town with a slowly growing population, decile 4-6 schools. 15 mins to Palmerston North so seen as a cheaper and quieter alternative for families and first home buyers. Easy commute to Palmy for work and education. Second largest town behind Palmy I think, which serves the region as far as Waiouru. No empty shops, a number of large retail, etc, public transport to Palmy. Has not turned into a zombie town because of its proximity to Palmy and its various local businesses.

Otaki and Waikanae might be a possibility with the Transmission Gully project reducing commuter travel times to Wellington in the future and trains now going to Waikanae. Kapiti Coast is seen as a nicer beachside place with better weather than Wellington or the Hutt Valley. Well I think so anyway. Wellington's equivalent of Hibiscus Coast/Orewa.

Comment

If Whangarei build the Huntertwasser Centre there it might give it a glamour/tourism boost, and lessen it's ho-hum, drive-through-without-stopping reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by ptamanz View Post
                        If Whangarei build the Huntertwasser Centre there it might give it a glamour/tourism boost, and lessen it's ho-hum, drive-through-without-stopping reputation.
                        I agree!!!!

Comment

Was in Whangarei main drag on Saturday, beautiful sunny day and it was humming. The place is looking better than I have seen it in years and new buildings and businesses have sprouted up in Porowini Ave.
                          Prices are on the up, they are near if not even with before the recession.
                          I got a good feel and know for a fact that Mangawhai is humming. Cashed up Aucklanders investing in the North. Yeehaaa!

Comment

Was in Whangarei main drag on Saturday, beautiful sunny day and it was humming. The place is looking better than I have seen it in years and new buildings and businesses have sprouted up in Porowini Ave.
                            Prices are on the up, they are near if not even with before the recession.
                            I got a good feel and know for a fact that Mangawhai is humming. Cashed up Aucklanders investing in the North. Yeehaaa!
                            Yes there has been a lot of development around the centre but did you go into the CBD? Something like 30% vacant at the moment. One of the biggest commercial property owners in town (Wally Yovich) is trying to prevent the development of a big-box mall (Westfield I think) because it will gut the town centre (and his income). Too many people in Whangarei are trying to prevent change and progress!
                            Last edited by drelly; 24-03-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Yes Drelly was in James Street and humming there. The Beauty Therapist had a good sale anyway with a voucher for my mum. Bi election will be interesting to see if Winnie wins what improvements he can instigate as far as the fortunes of the north are concerned?

Comment

Yes Drelly was in James Street and humming there. The Beauty Therapist had a good sale anyway with a voucher for my mum. Bi election will be interesting to see if Winnie wins what improvements he can instigate as far as the fortunes of the north are concerned?
                                Winston just wants the seat. Can't see him doing anything!

Comment

Working...
                                X