Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting all Eggs in One Basket

Do you invest in just property?

Do you feel you need to diversify into other assets or are you happy just investing into property?
    Just Property
    47.37%
    Investment Fund (mix of asset classes)
    21.05%
    Individual Stocks
    10.53%
    Private Business
    21.05%
    "You’re neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you. You’re right because your facts are right and your reasoning is right"

Yes all in property.

No because there are still other fields of opportunity in property to master, ie land development or flip.

Comment

Property is so wide you can have a dollar in property and a dollar in property and another dollar in property and be fully diversified!

Comment

Aside from Kiwisaver etc. Totally in property

www.3888444.co.nz
        Facebook Page

Comment

Private business + property
          www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
          # Property Management
          # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Originally posted by Damap View Post
            Property is so wide you can have a dollar in property and a dollar in property and another dollar in property and be fully diversified!
            Yeah right!

Just like all those good folk who diversified by putting their money into several different finance companies

After all putting all your money into just one company could be risky

Comment

There isn't a suitable category for me. Investment fund in a single asset class.

Comment

Yes property mostly but in different places. No kiwisaver as i don't have control over it until i am over 60. and when i am 60 it might be changed to 65 or 70

Comment

You can have diversity and spread your risk in Property.
                  To Sell or Buy Investment Property contact us. 0800 NZ PROPERTY or 021 402990
                  www.propertyventures.co.nz
                  *New* Check out our weekly free property show http://propertyventures.co.nz/podcast

Comment

Putting money into different finance companies is not diversification. Nothing to do with what I said.

Comment

Did you manage to say that with a straight face?

Comment

Putting money into different finance companies is not diversification. Nothing to do with what I said.
                        I agree...it's not diversification...as many found to their cost

My point is that putting all your money into just one asset class, and this includes property, is not diversification.

And by the way, this is everything to do with what you said

Comment

No it doesn't. As I said finance companies no matter who many of them you invest in is not diversification. If the people who had their money only with finance companies who lent in the real estate space had put split their funds into a rental property, finance company investment and say shares in Fletchers or a commercial syndicate they would not have lost all their money in fact many of them would not have lost a dime over time. Instead many of them were wiped out. And on that subject many, possibly most, who invested in that market knew little about real estate investment. I don't know a single PI who invested in finance companies, it's risky!!
                          Thats the beauty of real estate it is so wide you can stay in the same broad asset class and be completely diversified.

Comment

My cousin has a diverse taste in music.

She likes both Country and Western.

Comment

No it doesn't. As I said finance companies no matter who many of them you invest in is not diversification. If the people who had their money only with finance companies who lent in the real estate space had put split their funds into a rental property, finance company investment and say shares in Fletchers or a commercial syndicate they would not have lost all their money in fact many of them would not have lost a dime over time. Instead many of them were wiped out. And on that subject many, possibly most, who invested in that market knew little about real estate investment. I don't know a single PI who invested in finance companies, it's risky!!
                              Thats the beauty of real estate it is so wide you can stay in the same broad asset class and be completely diversified.
                              Good grief Damap .....I'm beginning to think that you don't know what diversification is.

Putting all your money into real estate is NOT diversification....it's irrelevant as to how broad or narrow it might seem.

And just so we make our point super clear.......diversification is putting your money into more than ONE asset class.

Comment

Working...
                              X