Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get a 2ndhand stove/oven?

Hi folks,

I need to replace a malfunctioning stove/oven in my rental property in Sth Auckland. Can anyone recommend a company that will sell me, delivery and install a secondhand unit.

Thanks!

I was going through my taxes last year and found that 3 of my second-hand stoves had failed just outside the warranty period. I wouldn't recommend going for a second hand unit, you'd save around $300 only.

Comment

Yeah I don't think they are worth it either. One that is well refurbished isn't that much cheaper than a new one.
      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Some whiteware is dirt cheap these days, especially if it's on sale. I've replaced three stoves over the last year with new ones. Go out & negotiate the best deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hound View Post
          Some whiteware is dirt cheap these days, especially if it's on sale. I've replaced three stoves over the last year with new ones. Go out & negotiate the best deal.
          Thanks for the replies guys.

Hound - did the company you bought yours from, delivery and install? The issue for me is that Im based in Oz.

Comment

The likes of Noel Leeming will install and remove the old one too.

Comment

Depends where you are.

White Knight in Manurewa have reco stoves, $550 to deliver, install, remove old stove and issue compliance certificate.

Comment

Also try Wireman Electrical 0508WIREMAN they supply an excellent refurbished unit, delivered and installed. Give Ron a call. Cheers
                "Don't go mental, we'll manage your rental"

Comment

Dont talk to me about south auckland stoves, seems to be an ongoing drama for me.
                  I had 2 replaced in June and July, same drama same problem.

Now I am doing 2 traded properties on the shore and have 2 really good condition stoves to quit.

Some of you will say, oh just put them into your south auckland rentals.

Yeah but logistically, I have to chuck them seperately into my 4WD, make a time and go out to south auckland, install them - crickey I have no idea, and somehow collect and dispose of the old one.
                  I just cant see it working.

First stove, just 1 year old, a good stove maybe 1.4k value, trade me'd for $290.

Second stove I am thinking thinking ?????

Do I keep in my garage, along with all the other crap I have, till I need a stove.
                  Then try and work a way for someone to solve my problem next time a rental needs a stove.

Or do I just go through the trademe option again.

Comment

I'd recommend going for a brand new one or if you have another rental with good tenants in it (that you know won't wreck a brand new one) buy them a new one and put their one in your other rental. Otherwise take the risk and buy a brand new one, it's going to save you a headache when it breaks down. Also, if your new tenants do happen to damage or break the stove it's going to be easier to claim for it at tribunal if it's a new one. If you buy it secondhand, and don't know its exact age tribunal wouldn't be as lenient with granting you repair costs as everything (especially ovens) have a life span to tribunal. Best to go brand new, I recently installed this in one of my rentals http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/ki...prod43371.html - Westinghouse is a great brand, easy to get parts for. Wouldn't go with anything else for a rental.

Comment

Just bought a brand new unit from Harvey Norman. $880 with 6 years replacement warranty. Don't recommend refurbished/used units.

Comment

And the warranty covers for commercial (i.e. non-owner-occupier) use?

Comment

trade me? last one i bought for $45 as a stopgap and sold for $4.50 when we gutted the place and put in a new kitchen with a wall oven etc

Comment

Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
                            And the warranty covers for commercial (i.e. non-owner-occupier) use?
                            According to 2 employees at HN, they said yes it covers rental use. I guess won't know for sure how good they are until there is a fault in the oven. This is the 3rd oven I buy from them in a year.

Comment

Working...
                            X