Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
    2 bedrooms.

I'm assuming your manurewa rentals are 3 bedrooms?
    Yes both in the Wattle Down / Manurewa border area. I rented them out last year at $390 and $400 per week for 3 bedrooms with carport and single garage respectively. Both are now looking pretty under-rented. Whereabouts is your two bedroom if you don't mind me asking? I've got a 2 bedroom minor dwelling which would be finished shortly which I'll test the market at $380 with.

Comment

Originally posted by AMR View Post
      Yes both in the Wattle Down / Manurewa border area. I rented them out last year at $390 and $400 per week for 3 bedrooms with carport and single garage respectively. Both are now looking pretty under-rented. Whereabouts is your two bedroom if you don't mind me asking? I've got a 2 bedroom minor dwelling which would be finished shortly which I'll test the market at $380 with.
      Not as fancy as Wattle Down but I noticed there are listings or identical units on same street for $350. Plus, one of our unit was partially furnished so $350 seems fair in my opinion.
      Last edited by BigDreamer; 06-08-2014, 10:39 PM.
      www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
      # Property Management
      # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

From what I have been seeing is that $400 for a tidy/done up 2 bedroom unit is now achievable all over the Auckland Region.

www.perfectproperty.co.nz

the 'Property Wanted' website

Comment

I just received my rates bill , it's increased. So we need to increase our rents

Comment

Doesn't seem to have reached New Windsor.

Rent for a 3brm there has been stuck at around $450 for ages.

Comment

Rent out west is booming!
              Recently increased the rent on my 3 bedroom property in Henderson/Lincoln area nothing special recent paint throughout otherwise a dated kitchen with new paint and an original bathroom from $400 right up to $435p/w tenants are quite happy to pay it too.

Looking around at the West Auckland rental market a 3 bedroom in West Auckland doesn't exist for anything under $400 unless it's a scummy run down dump up a driveway with 10 other houses. Even in Ranui which is typically a real rental area rents for a 3 bedroom are getting in between $410-$450p/w good to see!

Comment

Hasn't reached Papakura yet as far as I can tell either.
                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

HI TD,

My Henderson 3 beddie 1 bathroom is already 450 since last year. It was a do up, i just got it painted before renting it out. Maybe yours is too cheap?

Comment

Going back to the original post. The number of listings were way down.

Is this just because agents are using Trade Me less? due to the higher fees?

Ross
                    Book a free chat here
                    Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

Rates rises biggest rent driver
                      The company asked property investors whether they thought rents were fairly priced, as part of its latest Crockers Property Investment Index.

Half said they thought rents were fairly priced. But 32% said they were below a fair price and 4% said they were well below a fair price. Another 6% said they were above a fair price.

Half of those surveyed were not planning to increase the rent they charged in the next six months.
                      Crockers said two-bedroom rent prices in Auckland were stable but the average price of a three-bedroom rental increased compared to the month before.

Comment

I wonder what everyone thought of Hamilton rentals? I still see them as extremely under rented and has been for a long time. I wonder how long until their rents increase.
                        www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                        # Property Management
                        # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Originally posted by Rosco View Post
                          Going back to the original post. The number of listings were way down.

Is this just because agents are using Trade Me less? due to the higher fees?

Ross

For listing of rental properties, Trademe is still the best.

I don't think Realestate.co.nz allows rental listings.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
                            I don't think Realestate.co.nz allows rental listings.
                            How about clicking the Rentals button, right next to the For Sale button?

Comment

Nomoneynotalk, where about's in Henderson is your rental?
                              Mine is just off Rathgar Rd maybe we aren't asking enough after all!

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                                How about clicking the Rentals button, right next to the For Sale button?
                                I never even know there is a button for that, and probably its best that we ask this question for the renters out there. Do they even use realestate.co.nz?

Comment

Working...
                                X