Useless information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useless information

The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin during World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
    Dr Seuss pronounced ‘Seuss’ so that it rhymed with ‘rejoice’.
    In Casablanca, Humphrey Bogart never said “Play it again Sam”.
    Sherlock Holmes never said “Elementary my dear Watson”.
    The term “It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye” comes from ancient Rome. The only rule during wrestling matches was ‘no eye gouging’. Everything else was allowed, but the only way to be disqualified was to poke someone’s eye out.
    A ‘jiffy’ is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
    The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
    Hershey’s Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it’s kissing the conveyor belt.
    Money isn’t made out of paper, it’s made out of cotton.
    Every time you lick a stamp, you’re consuming 1/10th of a calorie.
    The phrase ‘rule of thumb’ is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
    An ostrich’s eye is bigger that its brain.
    The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.
    If you toss a penny 10,000 times, it will not be heads 5000 times, but more like 4950. The heads picture weighs more, so it ends up on the bottom.
    The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.
    Dr Samuel A Mudd was the physician who set the leg of Lincoln’s assassin John Wilkes Booth…..and whose shame created the expression for ignominy, “His name is Mudd”.
    A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
    The Ramses brand condom is named after the great pharaoh Ramses II who fathered over 160 children.
    Duelling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Duelling is legal in Paraguay..........

Comment

Muppet, please tell us a sheep joke. I heard you got lots of them in NZ.

Comment

My Wife and I are practicing digamists

(actually true too!)

www.3888444.co.nz
        Facebook Page

Comment

Oh, Derek.
          You are making feel very sheepish.
          "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Money is made out of polymer.

Comment

Working...
            X