old tenants mail, what do you do with it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old tenants mail, what do you do with it

i bought a house at xmas that was full of undesirables, when they left they forgot to get mail redirected (insert tui add here) since then there has been a never ending stream of letters from min if justice, debt collectors etc, my son who is living there drops off a sack full every now and then and we return to sender them, it looks to me that some of these are fresh, so they are still giving this address, what to do??

biff it.......organisations are hopeless at addressing returned mail.

Comment

We had the same problem after moving into the home the tenants had been in for 5 years. It just kept coming. As the majority had 0800 numbers I took the time to ring and set the organisation straight. It required a small amount of effort on my part, but the deluge of mail has all but stopped. I guess until you make contact with the originator of the mail it will continue for?ever. Even after 9 months we were still receiving their mail!

Comment

I guess it depends how civic minded you are feeling.
        It it were me, and I saw Min of Justice and debt collectors after them, I would spend a little time trying to get the message through by phone that they needed to be looking elsewhere.

Comment

Cross the address out and put "GNA" (Gone No Address) on the envelope with an arrow point to the return address and repost. It clears them out eventually.
          You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
            Cross the address out and put "GNA" (Gone No Address) on the envelope with an arrow point to the return address and repost. It clears them out eventually.
            Agree. I did call TelstraClear once to give them tenant's new address but they refused to talk to me as I was not the client. Fine I said. Feel free to find them yourself.

Comment

I have a stamp. "Return to Sender"

www.3888444.co.nz
              Facebook Page

Comment

I have a bin.

Comment

Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
                  I have a bin.
                  Lol, 'Like'

Once I had a commercial tenant leave owing heaps. Then a new chequebook for their company turned up in the letterbox for the factory. I was soooo tempted to write myself out a cheque!
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

I always just 'not at this address' mail that comes to my address that isn't for me.
                    Mail slows down after a while. You'll still get the odd letter from time to time but it stops after a while.

Comment

I had this happen before. I returned the mail for the first 2 months then I asked new tenants to just bin it if they keep coming.
                      www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                      # Property Management
                      # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Originally posted by artemis View Post
                        I did call TelstraClear once to give them tenant's new address but they refused to
                        talk to me as I was not the client. Fine, I said. Feel free to find them yourself.
                        Jeeeees, that Privacy Act has a lot to answer for - right?!?!?

I hope you filled in the short survey recommending the idiot
                        you spoke with get a raise for exemplary stupidity.

Comment

Heh, the bills were very obviously overdue given how many arrived after the tenant moved out.

Comment

I open it and go though it of course.

Comment

Working...
                            X