Flatmates - storage problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    Now I've gone from the flat into the classroom? When did that happen?
    When I was flatting I didn't say "Hi, I'm Wayne and no one is in charge".
    I also didn't say "Hi, I'm Wayne and I'm the boss" which you certainly implied earlier.
    It was more a case of "Hi, I'm Wayne, welcome to your new home. " That, of course, was after they were accepted by myself and the others - after all we all had to live together. They knew I owned the place as they paid the rent to me and the mutual respect grew from there.

At the end of the day my approach seemed to work.
    Apart from the one disappointment, who was asked to leave, I ended up with some life long friends and a wife.
    Not a bad haul at the end of the day.
    If your approach, mrsaneperson, works too then good for you.
    There is more than one way to skin a cat!
    At the end of the day lets just say you were lucky you weren't taken for a ride.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...............

And as for your actual quote: "I owned the house but wasn't the boss - I felt I gave that up when I invited others to pay."

WRONGO! You don't give up being the boss just because others are paying to rent a room from you.Neither do you relinquish ownership of the house.
    Last edited by mrsaneperson; 19-07-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
      At the end of the day lets just say you were lucky you weren't taken for a ride.
      .................................................. .................................................. ...............

And as for your actual quote: "I owned the house but wasn't the boss - I felt I gave that up when I invited others to pay."

WRONGO! You don't give up being the boss just because others are paying to rent a room from you.Neither do you relinquish ownership of the house.
      Did you find a ladder to get back on your hobby horse?
      Luck or skill? I prefer to think it was the latter - maybe I have been lucky all my life?
      Never said I didn't own the house.
      As for boss - depends on your definition of boss really. I am happy with the way I treat others and get treated in return.
      If you are also happy then we are both in a good place, aren't we?

Comment

Did you find a ladder to get back on your hobby horse?
        Luck or skill? I prefer to think it was the latter - maybe I have been lucky all my life?
        Never said I didn't own the house.
        As for boss - depends on your definition of boss really. I am happy with the way I treat others and get treated in return.
        If you are also happy then we are both in a good place, aren't we?
        Dangerous games to play especially so in politics and one reason why NZ is now a separatist nation ,because the government encouraged & fostered the wrongful use of the term partnership between Maori & non-Maori rather than standing up to Maori tribal elitists ..A real mess is now on everyones hands because of poor leadership skills & a blurring of "who's in charge".

You may say "How does this relate to the discussion?" .
        Unfortunately when some folk shy away from "being boss" they undermine their own leading position , i'll leave you to draw the analogy .

Comment

Still depends on your definition of Boss.
          I find if things are going the way I want them to (or are happy with) I leave be.
          If things start going the wrong way I (maybe quietly) redirect them.
          I may be boss but you might not notice.

Comment

LOL ..Its not about definition, its about not undermining your position & the others that share the flat with you. No one is expecting you to be all Hitleresque, marching around giving orders . But being wishy washy & pusyfooting around is doing everyone including yourself a disservice.

This you do illustrate here :"If things start going the wrong way I (maybe quietly) redirect them".

Lighten this up with a contrast between Putin & Obama:
            http://www.tomatobubble.com/putin_obama.html
            Last edited by mrsaneperson; 21-07-2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

^ Do you admire Putin's current day leadership ?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                LOL ..Its not about definition, its about not undermining your position & the others that share the flat with you. No one is expecting you to be all Hitleresque, marching around giving orders . But being wishy washy & pusyfooting around is doing everyone including yourself a disservice.

This you do illustrate here :"If things start going the wrong way I (maybe quietly) redirect them".
                I am often amazed at some of the conclusions you draw (and the names you are willing to attach to people you don't know).
                You are the one who has decided that I am wishy washy and pussyfoot around things. Did I really say that?
                There is a middle ground between giving orders and being wishy washy!
                You like being Hitleresque and if it works for you then go for it!

Comment

I am often amazed at some of the conclusions you draw (and the names you are willing to attach to people you don't know).
                  You are the one who has decided that I am wishy washy and pussyfoot around things. Did I really say that?
                  There is a middle ground between giving orders and being wishy washy!
                  You like being Hitleresque and if it works for you then go for it!
                  The position you've adopted is not middle ground. It is about you relinquishing a leadership position. I don't go around saying "I'm the boss"..But neither do i say like you:
                  "I owned the house but wasn't the boss - I felt I gave that up when I invited others to pay."
                  Last edited by mrsaneperson; 21-07-2014, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                    ^ Do you admire Putin's current day leadership ?
                    Putin gaining control of Crimea is what the people of Crimea wanted .Over 90% of the public polled in Crimea wanted to be part of Russia.Better wages better conditions compared to Ukraine Yet this democratic manoeuvre wasn't good enough for Obama & the EU. America is a bankrupt economy, each citizen owes 60k debt ,Obama IMO is a nunce.
                    The EU stirred the pot by trying to get Ukraine to join them even though Ukraine owes billions of bucks in unpaid gas revenues to Russia.
                    What we're seeing on TV is western medias interpretation that Putin is the bad guy & Obama & the EU are the good ones. An insult to intelligence.

Comment

Working...
                    X